Thread: Standalone ILDA Controller

Default Standalone ILDA Controller

Hi everyone!

Looking for a simple Standalone ILDA controller with software. Used or new doesn't matter.

Looking to control a simple 800mW DPSS 30kpps system without a computer for mobile advertising purposes.

Was looking at LaserWorld ShowNET and also Etherdream, but prefer something less expensive and/or local (Toronto, Canada) if possible.

Thanks!

You could try the Helios DAC. There are few options cheaper.

About the cheapest is Laserboy and a modified sound card but the learning curve is exceptionally high and Laserboy doesn't really allow for live control during a show or event.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post

About the cheapest is Laserboy and a modified sound card but the learning curve is exceptionally high and Laserboy doesn't really allow for live control during a show or event.
    Thanks for the reply, but I think those controllers require a computer? I have a Moncha Lite controller right now, but looking for something I can dump the files onto (most have an SD card), so that the system can run standalone without a computer.

Quote Originally Posted by afeudale View Post
    Thanks for the reply, but I think those controllers require a computer? I have a Moncha Lite controller right now, but looking for something I can dump the files onto (most have an SD card), so that the system can run standalone without a computer.
    I think RIYA might have one but I haven't heard from the lately. Not sure if they are still in business.
    There are a bunch of chinese laser projectors with SD cards and DMX. You might be able to check alibaba and find a source for the controller portion of the projector or just buy the cheapest one you can find and gut it. Maybe not the most favorable route but an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnYayas View Post
    I think RIYA might have one but I haven't heard from the lately. Not sure if they are still in business.
    There are a bunch of chinese laser projectors with SD cards and DMX. You might be able to check alibaba and find a source for the controller portion of the projector or just buy the cheapest one you can find and gut it. Maybe not the most favorable route but an idea.
    Thanks JohnYayas! We definitely think the same way, as I already thought to check Alibaba for either a projector I could canibalize for the controller OR the controller components themsevles. Unfortunately, not much luck with either route.

I think they use non-ILDA control standards and that is the main roadblock as my projector has an ILDA input.

I don't mind the EtherDream or LaserWorld ShowNET as they fit the bill, but prefer something used (so as not to add more to our landfills) and local if possible (as I believe both companies are overseas).

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post

You can do this with a Raspberry Pi and a modified USB sound device + correction amp.

I guess the learning curve is high, but it shows you what's going on. You do need to have a model of how things work in your head, I suppose.

You import an ILDA frame set and you output a LaserBoy wave file. The default settings are a good place to start. But if you want to change them look in the [Tab] menu and the x menu.

Once you have the wave, you play it through the sound device like any other wave.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by afeudale View Post
    Thanks JohnYayas! We definitely think the same way, as I already thought to check Alibaba for either a projector I could canibalize for the controller OR the controller components themsevles. Unfortunately, not much luck with either route.

I think they use non-ILDA control standards and that is the main roadblock as my projector has an ILDA input.

I don't mind the EtherDream or LaserWorld ShowNET as they fit the bill, but prefer something used (so as not to add more to our landfills) and local if possible (as I believe both companies are overseas).
    What do you mean by ILDA control standards? I think most of the SD card Chinese work with ILDA files. There are no ILDA compliant DACS as far as input goes except for IDN network DACS. The output is pretty standard across everything. Basically +-5v differential. Granted the Chinese things might be single ended. The above mentioned DACs may work for what you are doing, though.

I think the point of this thread has been lost a little bit...lol

Not trying to piece together my own system out of sound cards, etc. - AFAIK standalone/SD player systems already exist, so not looking to reinvent the wheel

Just looking to see if anyone has a standalone system/SD card player (new or used) they would like to sell - preferably as local as possible.

Thank you