Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: And before we did lasers...we did Light Boxes...

Default Progress...slow and steady wins the race (maybe) but when your old it sounds great!

Partitions milled and lightly sanded for painting. Can't spray paint the partitions with flat white until a day or two of warmer weather comes.
    Maybe I can begin soldering the LED strip sections together for each partition.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LightBoxLED-8c.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	3.92 MB 
ID:	58613

Looking great.
    Do you still take orders for light boxes?

Quote Originally Posted by MariusTitulescu View Post
    Looking great.
    Do you still take orders for light boxes?

Thank you.

Well...I've never taken orders but thank you for asking. I've made only three of these boxes, the original one, mine, that I made back in the mid-70's (shown in the YouTube video) , a 2nd one that I gave to my brother about the same time and this one.

Default Slowly we move, and progress still grows...mostly

Acrylic partitions are now spray painted and ready for the WS2812B segments to be adhered to each partition, then wired in series. (oh that'll be fun...and painstakingly slow)
    The top lid is removed for clarity...and the black partition isn't quite seated fully in its slots.

Just from a video filming standpoint I found that with the front section facing the camera painted black it results in the best viewing/filming & color illumination experience. Originally the front partition was flat white on both sides and gave the best aesthetic appearance when off and just sitting on a table.

Name:	20220729_175438c.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1,022.7 KB 
ID:	59050

Then there is the programming. But first I'm just going to test it with the SP106E RGB controller and hope that I will be so amazed that I won't need to do program interfacing. But from what I've seen of the SP106E responding to ambient music and endowing the LED strip with it's "control", I doubt it will be what I'm wanting.

very cool looking so far

Quote Originally Posted by lasermaster1977 View Post
    Acrylic partitions are now spray painted and ready for the WS2812B segments to be adhered to each partition, then wired in series. (oh that'll be fun...and painstakingly slow)
    The top lid is removed for clarity...and the black partition isn't quite seated fully in its slots.

Just from a video filming standpoint I found that with the front section facing the camera painted black it results in the best viewing/filming & color illumination experience. Originally the front partition was flat white on both sides and gave the best aesthetic appearance when off and just sitting on a table.

Name:	20220729_175438c.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	1,022.7 KB 
ID:	59050

Then there is the programming. But first I'm just going to test it with the SP106E RGB controller and hope that I will be so amazed that I won't need to do program interfacing. But from what I've seen of the SP106E responding to ambient music and endowing the LED strip with it's "control", I doubt it will be what I'm wanting.
    Custom build - 1 watt rgb laser projector - saturn scanners, 6 single-mode diodes
    Kvant - Clubmax 1800
    Pangolin Beyond, LSX, Maxwell, Laserdock, Etherdream, Prototype Apple II Laser DAC
    Various Pointers and Lab lasers along w/Diodes, Arrays, OPSL, DPSS, HeNe and Argons.
    Lasos Air Cooled Argon w/plexiglass covered glass bell
    SP-127