Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Krypton Argon laser in fog

Default Krypton Argon laser in fog

I finally got a fog machine and fixed it up and my krypton argon cooling system somewhat sufficient

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	KRAR.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	1.07 MB 
ID:	56767

As a fellow gas laser collector, I would be remiss to not thank you for posting such a beautiful sight.

Name:	argon rainbow.JPG 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	56771

You reminded me that I have an old krypton/argon laser that is due for its regular running to keep the tube pressure stable

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post

Name:	argon rainbow.JPG 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	56771

You reminded me that I have an old krypton/argon laser that is due for its regular running to keep the tube pressure stable

ooooo! how wavelengths do you get out of yours? it's hard to tell from the picture

Yes the camera did not treat the colors well, it is a melles 643 which are somewhat odd tubes -- the are intentionally designed to kill the green line so you get the 647nm red line, a lot of 568nm yellow, and the usual collection of argon lines around 488nm. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	643_wavelengths.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	56773

I don't have a video handy, but it is possible to get the green line to lase by just reflecting some of the laser output back into the OC - its the only laser cavity if I have ever got lasing by just holding the OC in my hand

Quote Originally Posted by krazer View Post
    Yes the camera did not treat the colors well, it is a melles 643 which are somewhat odd tubes -- the are intentionally designed to kill the green line so you get the 647nm red line, a lot of 568nm yellow, and the usual collection of argon lines around 488nm. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	643_wavelengths.png 
Views:	2 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	56773

I don't have a video handy, but it is possible to get the green line to lase by just reflecting some of the laser output back into the OC - its the only laser cavity if I have ever got lasing by just holding the OC in my hand
    mine is similar and i've found you can can get some some greens by toying with the alignment of the mirrors. you can also change the warmth of the white beam and make it a golden color by fussing with it since you lose some of the blues and losing power in some lines. pretty fun just playing with it and seeing what you can get haha.

I'm very jealous of all the 643s.

Beautiful Pics

https://vimeo.com/user73640279/revie...809/c5bee3016d

heres me fussing with the alignment. I get some deep blues and a green I believe which are hard to see but its kinda neat what you can do.
    Last edited by lasingfox; 06-22-2020 at 13:43.

... hmmm ... ist this really you?

zee eff (atherguy)
    0 Videos | 0 Followers | 0 Likes

- eventually private settings?

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... hmmm ... ist this really you?

zee eff (atherguy)
    0 Videos | 0 Followers | 0 Likes

- eventually private settings?

Viktor
    its me. i just logged in with google to vimeo so I could upload the video, heh.