Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apparently, this is becoming a thing, again...

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    Facebook has not been good for humanity.
    100% on point, Bill!
    Totally agree Facebook is bad for humanity. It's truly sad to have Facebook to inform you *very clearly* which of your friends are racist, anti-semitic, anti-science, conspiracy theorists.

I have one "friend" from another enthusiast group to which I belong who makes post after post with all of the above. I seriously don't think I can be near him or talk to him at future group gatherings which happen 2-3 times a year (eventually). His last post was: "If they come for this: (confederate flag).. they're coming for this next (US Flag)". Seriously?

I, for one, am mostly disappointed that you don't drive a Lamborghini with a 100W RGB laser on the roof. I mean, that's the dream isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    I'm not quite sure why the claims that I bought my son a Mercedes using Pangolin money is being brought up again on Facebook, but apparently that narrative is being resurrected.

I really don't participate on Facebook very much any more, because of all of the vitriol that is found there -- plus I think that, on balance, Facebook has not been good for humanity.

Nevertheless, here's a link to the whole story that I posted here on PL nearly four years ago:
    https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...were-wondering

Bill

PS: In an interest in full disclosure, since the time the post above was made, Pangolin has purchased a used Tesla Model X as a company car. I find it amusing that -- apparently to make a point that I'm foolishly using Pangolin money, people are choosing a narrative that I bought my son a used Mercedes 5 years ago (totally not true, as you will read in my post), instead of foolishly using Pangolin money to buy a used Tesla Model X!

I mean -- dudes, if you're trying to make the point that I'm foolishly using Pangolin's money, at least use something more recent and more exotic! ;-)

PPS: We still have the Toyota Highlander and it's what I am driving today!

There is NO one I know of who has put themselves out there more than Bill. He doesn't have to but he does. No good deed goes unpunished.

WHY would anyone care what you do with your money or company. It isn't public. They don't hold shares. And to involve someone's family....come on.

We know who you are Bill. You need not defend yourself here.

forget the 100w rgb. I'd want the side mounted 10 KW IR bar lasers to pop the tires of the ass sitting on my tail....or to etch a comment in their paint job.

Where's that "like" button when you need it ;-)

Default 100% correct

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    There is NO one I know of who has put themselves out there more than Bill. He doesn't have to but he does. No good deed goes unpunished.

WHY would anyone care what you do with your money or company. It isn't public. They don't hold shares. And to involve someone's family....come on.

We know who you are Bill. You need not defend yourself here.

forget the 100w rgb. I'd want the side mounted 10 KW IR bar lasers to pop the tires of the ass sitting on my tail....or to etch a comment in their paint job.

I give Bill 100% credit for my becoming more than a hobby level Chi-projector owner.
    PANGO is very generous with door prizes at SELEM and other meets.
    and I was impressed with how Bill treats everyone the same--like VIPs.
    ---THANKS all at Pangolin..

Len

MYB we should be buying Bill a new car.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-