Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lasercube Venum 1W

Default Lasercube Venum 1W

Just got the Lasercube Venum and it's amazing how things have changed in less than 10 years!

It's a "compromise" of sorts - i.e. 20k scanners, 1W @520nm (which is probably less than 1W), etc. But the portability & versatility definitely compensate for all that.

One thing I'm stuck on:

The included LaserOS software doesn't seem to have a sequencer/timeline of any sort. I can add frames to a playlist, including their duration, but there seems to way to auto-play that list. Am I missing something? Or this is a huge drawback of the software?

If not, can anyone recommend an alternative software that can control the cube? Ideally something that also has a mobile app for Android.

Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by afeudale View Post
    If not, can anyone recommend an alternative software that can control the cube?
    I can plug my own software LaserShowGen: https://bitlasers.com/lasershowgen-sw/

Thanks Grix!

Yup, your software is at the top of my list if I can't find another way within LaserOS itself

I'm really looking for a mobile app too so text projections can be modified in the field. Do you know a way to do this with LaserShowGen?

Thanks

Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

I'm really looking for a mobile app too so text projections can be modified in the field. Do you know a way to do this with LaserShowGen?

Thanks
    Not yet, at least not without counting clunky workarounds like using a remote control application on your phone to control a computer that runs the software.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Not yet, at least not without counting clunky workarounds like using a remote control application on your phone to control a computer that runs the software.
    Thanks. I guess a workaround would be to design the shows in LSG, export to ILDA, then import to LaserOS Android app for display? That should work, right?

Still not clear if LaserOS has anyway of sequencing frames at all...are you familiar with it and can you confirm that in fact there is *no* way to do this in LaserOS itself?

Thanks again!

Thanks. I guess a workaround would be to design the shows in LSG, export to ILDA, then import to LaserOS Android app for display? That should work, right?

Still not clear if LaserOS has anyway of sequencing frames at all...are you familiar with it and can you confirm that in fact there is *no* way to do this in LaserOS itself?

Thanks again!
    Ah yes, if the android app can import ILDA then it will work to make them in LSG. I have not used the LaserOS apps that much, when I last did I don't think it had any sequencing functionality, no. However I believe I heard them say once that they are working on something of the sort, don't quote me on that though.

Quote Originally Posted by Grix View Post
    Ah yes, if the android app can import ILDA then it will work to make them in LSG. I have not used the LaserOS apps that much, when I last did I don't think it had any sequencing functionality, no. However I believe I heard them say once that they are working on something of the sort, don't quote me on that though.
    Thanks Grix! Looks like LSG it will be!

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

LSX works natively with the LaserCube and supports timeline programming.

Just got the Lasercube Venum and it's amazing how things have changed in less than 10 years!

It's a "compromise" of sorts - i.e. 20k scanners, 1W @520nm (which is probably less than 1W), etc. But the portability & versatility definitely compensate for all that.

One thing I'm stuck on:

The included LaserOS software doesn't seem to have a sequencer/timeline of any sort. I can add frames to a playlist, including their duration, but there seems to way to auto-play that list. Am I missing something? Or this is a huge drawback of the software?

If not, can anyone recommend an alternative software that can control the cube? Ideally something that also has a mobile app for Android.

Thanks!!
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

The LaserCube is a LaserDock DAC so Spaghetti is also verified as working.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodies?
    Solid State Builders Group