Thread: Dragon Tiger DT-40 Pros 40kpps Galvos (Used)

Default SOLD: Dragon Tiger DT-40 Pros 40kpps Galvos (Used)

***************** SOLD, Thank You! ***********************

Hey guys,

Another set of galvos that I retired due to upgrades. They have low hours, are clean and were functioning well when they were upgraded. Mirrors are for a 3mm beam. Purchased new in 2015. These are the best China has to offer. US$150 + shipping. US buyers only, please because I'm too lazy to ship overseas.

Please PM me if you want them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9101.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	2.40 MB 
ID:	56929 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9102.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	2.46 MB 
ID:	56930

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-14-2020 at 05:17.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Hi David;

I'd like to buy these!

PM sent...

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hi David;

I'd like to buy these!

PM sent...

Adam
    You got 'em!

-David

Thumbs up

Hooray!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Hooray!

Adam
    Saved me some money, I was gonna grab these too if still here tonight. I showed a little restraint lol
    leading in trailing technology

The really funny thing is that the main reason I jumped on these is so I could set them up on my optical plate in order to permit me to re-do the scanner tuning presentation if we do another virtual-LEM!

I've got the full manual for the DT-40 pros, so I know what all the pots are for. Also, I've owned quite a few sets of these scanners over the years (in fact, my very first set of scanners were the DT-40 pros) so I'm very comfortable with them.

The project that I ultimate have in mind for these scanners is a really long-term idea that I know I won't get around to doing for many months. But in the mean time they will be perfect for any future scanner tuning presentations.

Adam

Actually, I have some mix and match that would probably have worked for you as well, but those will have a nicer or faster pattern when you are done.

David

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    Actually, I have some mix and match that would probably have worked for you as well
    The problem with "Mix and Match" sets is that the tuning response is going to be different between the two amps. So one amp you might need to really crank on the pots, while the other one you may only need to tweak things. That's not the best arrangement when you're trying to show someone how to tune, because a typical set of scanners will have more or less equal response between the amps.

Also, the pots will likely be in a different order, so mistakes are easy to make when you switch from X to Y. Don't want to be distracted by explaining the tuning process and accidentally start cranking on the position linearity pot thinking it was servo gain!

And yeah - as you said, a properly-tuned set of DT-40 pros will yield a very clean test pattern, which is ideal for a tuning demo. Always want to be able to show what the final result is supposed to look like.

Alas, if only we were all running Saturn scanners with Mach-DSP amps! Then we wouldn't need to worry about tuning! (Maybe one day, but at least in my world I'm afraid I'll be tuning scanners for a while yet.)

Adam

Totally understood about the mix and match, but I think I have two matching amps and two matching galvos, albeit from different sets. I think pt-20s and pt-30s used the same galvos but had different amps.

I really could use some more practice tuning though. I believe all my current projectors have galvos that were tuned by experts like Bill Benner for all my ScannerMax galvos with Mach DSPs and my 506s with ‘redboard amps’ with ~7mm mirrors that no one else could tune, DZ for a set of CT-6210s, Adam Raugh for several 506 sets with Andrew’s 12v amp, etc. Heck, I think the only set tuned by me in one of my projectors is a set of the Compact 506s with a 12v amp that Ryan was kind enough to send my way. That one didn’t even have the factory pots set, so Andrew Berry gave me some pointers there which worked out well alongside your (buffo’s) tuning manual. By the way, if I haven’t said so previously, that tuning reference manual is great. I think it comes up as the first Google result for “scanner tuning tutorial”. In any case, it’s really nice to have friends With skills that I can borrow for such tasks! 🙂

-David