Thread: Funding reminder for SELEM 2007

Smile Funding reminder for SELEM 2007

Hi guys;

Just a reminder, right now we're looking at a $50 charge per member (guests do not have to pay) to cover the costs of renting the auditorium and buying the SELEM shirts. (Total expenses paid to date are $650; with a possibility of another $50 or so depending on the labor charge at the auditorium.) Everyone should get a shirt (including guests).

I've received payments from three members so far (DZ, MechEng3, and of course myself). I can accept payment at the event, or you can send payment via PayPal. The address is adburns <AT> sc.rr.com (Address broken up a bit to fool the bots...)

Edit: Now 5 members have paid. Add Allthatwhichis and Sway to the list!

Also, re: door prizes... We have a few more items to add to the pot. Amanda at One Stop Laser Shop graciously donated some 4 inch diffraction gratings, along with some samples of a starburst grating. There are enough that everyone in attendance should get one! (Thanks to Steve Roberts for contacting Amanda and mentioning SELEM, and thanks to One Stop Laser Shop for agreeing to donate the gratings!)

We've also got a few more last minute entries... I'll leave that as a surprise for the event. But there are quite a few prizes up for grabs, and there are some *very* nice items in the mix. (The scanner sets from Dave and Aijii, the DMX decoder and relay boards from Pangolin, the hand-made 50 mw green pointer from Astroguy....)

Remember: Only members are eligible for door prizes. Also, since Pangolin, Hayden, and Buffo are not participating in the drawings, your chances are even better... (Fewer names in the hat.)

See you at SELEM!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 08-16-2007 at 13:53.

Smile

I was just asked by a member if my PayPal account can accept a credit card payment. I figured others may have the same question, which is why I'm replying to myself here.

I have a registered business account with PayPal, so yes, I can accept credit card payments through PayPal with no problems.

We will also be accepting payments via cash or check at the auditorium, if you don't have a PayPal account.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 08-16-2007 at 09:00.

Lightbulb

Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I'll have the green at the door

PayPal sent for Crosman and Sway

Kelly

Cool

Thanks to everyone that contributed to the SELEM fund. We met our funding goal, and we were *NOT* charged for the fire department's response to the false alarm. So we're cool!

Again, big thanks to everyone for coming through... This was a team effort guys!

Adam

Adam,
    I had a great time (except for having to leave early)
    Thank YOU for coordinating this event!
    (my vid didnt turn out tho )