Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: RGB Reflector needed

Thanks! Yes, the diffraction pattern is actually real and visible to the eye. The red beam has one of the two wedges that are user adjustable. Together they form a cube, as the faces are pressed together. So I think a slight adjustment might reduce that red beam diffraction. Interestingly, the green and blue wedges are glued in place and not user adjustable, but those beams looks great. When I'm feeling bold, I'll try to adjust very slightly and see what happens.

Default well?

A few years ago I flew to SELEM 2012 and had my Chinese projector in cargo hold of the plane Needles to say static electricity nailed my red diode and it had the blooming effect you described so I am curious how you made out with you problem.

Default Wedges

I did try adjusting the red diode wedges and I think I somewhat minimized the red diffraction, but only slightly, as it’s still present. When scanning, it’s not as noticeable as when there are static dots/beams. Something truly happened to the red diode as it wasn’t as apparent when newly purchased. I don’t perform shows anymore - just for home fun, so not thrilled at buying a brand new laser scanner. I suppose I could buy another red diode and install. One thing for sure: I’ll never send it back to Lightspace China for repair after the 6 month nightmare lost shipping disaster I endured. Very thankful, though, that the lost package was eventually found and returned to me.

Cool Laserasorb from Pangolin laser systems Phone 407-299-2088

If you decide to replace the red diode get a laserasorb, It's a electronic component that installs on the diode that eliminates static damage to laser diodes. It's easy to install and low cost.
    PANGOLIN laser systems sells them, PHONE#(407-299-2088), for Red, Blue, and Green laser diodes.
    For some reason RED and BLUE diodes are very sensitive to static discharge. I had put one on my replacement red diodes and added them to the blue and green as a preventative measure and have had no burn outs after installation.

Default support server not found

Whendylou,
    WWW.GALAXYGIRL.COM
    I went to your web site and tried to view a the song "spy heels" and a couple of others, no luck!
    Kept getting "support server not found"
    does the web site still exist?
    I am always looking for new songs to put lasers to!

Quote Originally Posted by Lasertize View Post
    Whendylou,
    WWW.GALAXYGIRL.COM
    I went to your web site and tried to view a the song "spy heels" and a couple of others, no luck!
    Kept getting "support server not found"
    does the web site still exist?
    I am always looking for new songs to put lasers to!
    Wrong website! The correct website is https://www.galxygirl.com. (no "A" after the "L"). Song previews should load because it's a link to my album on Apple Music.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasertize View Post
    If you decide to replace the red diode get a laserasorb, It's a electronic component that installs on the diode that eliminates static damage to laser diodes. It's easy to install and low cost.
    All my diodes already have Lasorb across the connectors so I'm good, thanks!

Default Galxygirl

Whendylou,
    I used the link you provided, it was my mistype in reply to issue.
    this is what I am getting.
    "Failed to load because no supported source was found."

Default just a FYI

it has bothered me a long time that we must ship almost all PJs back to china--this is too expensive IMHO.
    BUT I found a better PJ at a better price tag (>300$usd for 1 W)

AND
    they like to send free parts and guide the buyer thru a repair with a video--Ansen at GaGa is very helpful.
    He has threads here and replies fast.
    I am working on a review/test of the 1 W--FULL COLOR ....so far I am very impressed with EVERYTHING--it got delivered during the pandemic and Christmas rush-- 4 days!! to Texas!! If you really need it & ordered today you may have in in time for that NYE party .(may cost extra)

nothing now that needs a fix--but nice to know Ansen is there for us.
    it is a great PJ for those not sure they want get into them--ez to resell but you will want to keep it. Two swell PJs and Quckshow for ~ $1000usd +$hip.
    In the description Gaga has 'red laser corrected' could that be the same problem Wendy had?? its 637nm going under the hood this weekend pics will be posted in my review/test
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 12-26-2020 at 11:16.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-