Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lanling-Tech

Buffo,
    I really thank you for all your advice.... Now I have no excuse... I have to continue with my experiments and make the best photo I can, as soon as my stuff are ready to lase..!!
    (Meanwile I already started to dissect a 29€ 18X DVD burner to play with the diode and try to resurrect another 100mw module that died some month ago)

All the best

Luciano

Thumbs up

Just to tack a little feedback on this one, I ordered a 50mw green from DavidLanling on a "buy it now" on 9/13 and it was in my mailbox 9/18, all the way from China no less! $131 total including shipping. The module looks good and fired up a nice bright beam. I don't have the means to measure the output, but it threw out a nice tight visible beam in a fully lit room. I think it will do nicely (to fuel my addiction to this stuff). It is rated at 30k ttl blanking, so it will get me started until I am ready to play with analog.
    Cheers, Mike

Cool

That's a decent price (including shipping!) for that laser. Let us know how it performs over time!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by mikkojay View Post
    Just to tack a little feedback on this one, I ordered a 50mw green from DavidLanling on a "buy it now" on 9/13 and it was in my mailbox 9/18, all the way from China no less! $131 total including shipping. The module looks good and fired up a nice bright beam. I don't have the means to measure the output, but it threw out a nice tight visible beam in a fully lit room. I think it will do nicely (to fuel my addiction to this stuff). It is rated at 30k ttl blanking, so it will get me started until I am ready to play with analog.
    Cheers, Mike
    I have been tempted by the wares of this guy for a while - i just have never gotten round to placing an order. Do you know if it has an IR filter in the output - normally a slightly blue tinted glass slip just before the output. The other way to tell is if you have a red bounce dichro or a mirror from a cd/dvd drive. These are very very good with red/ir light (ie will pass only a tiny tiny ammount of the red incident light) so if you shine the beam through one set at 45 degrees then look at the resultant green dot with video camera or digital camera (or IR viewing card) - as long as the green is not too bright you would see a purple glow which would be the IR. Even better would be to diffract the bounced beam then at a suitable distance you would see a green spot and a purpley spot with some separation. If you dont get this its IR filtered.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Good question Rob-
    I need to fly to work now, but I will look a little closer later tonight. I used to have one of those cards, but it has been a looong time since I have seen it, so I may need to find another.
    ~Mike

Dave of Lanling-Tech is a great guy. One of the few honest sellers out there on eBay.

~~Mike

Also used Lanling a few times. Excellent service.

Bought my first stepper RGY scanner off david. Was a pretty cool scanner, pretty nice quality too!