Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Search continues for new SELEM venue for 2021 - post your ideas here!

I think it’s time to find a campground, three phase, water pump, on Maui.

i still got the spot in NY(my partner owns it ) in fact a bunch of us are getting together to do a demo with all my gear and a few others are bringing stuff were shooting for mid/end of jan so far ere at about 40-50 systems (or more) 28 x 30w systems
    got the run of the club as long as wee need thinking about a week or more depending
    its in queens NYC

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I think it’s time to find a campground, three phase, water pump, on Maui.
    Can you imagine the cost to fly a bunch of ion lasers to Hawaii though?

There's a reason everything we did at Caribb-lem (Utila) was done with solid state lasers! (And even that was tricky because of the small planes we had to fly to get from the mainland to the island.)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Can you imagine the cost to fly a bunch of ion lasers to Hawaii though?

There's a reason everything we did at Caribb-lem (Utila) was done with solid state lasers! (And even that was tricky because of the small planes we had to fly to get from the mainland to the island.)

Adam
    if you are into lasers you can afford it. 😱. Solid state. Or maybe we bounce the beams off mirrors mounted on ducks. You know the divergence gets down to 0.0001mrad if you use a duck mirror. It’s Q switched quack quack ....

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

That is what Reliant Argons are for. Fits nicely in your carry-on in a float plane. Add a single mode red diode, and open loop scanners, then the natives will be restless. Borrow a car battery to power the G124s... Beam Show...

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Default Delaware

I vote for Delaware @ Brads Venue I have not looked through the whole thread so if I missed somewhere that the offer is off the table then never mind.

Tax Free shopping plenty of malls to keep the wife and kids happy while we play with laser stuff they can shop ( I strongly suggest sending them with a prepaid card so you do not get sticker shock when you get back home and get the credit card bill in the mail). Christiana mall is real close to Brads location they can get lost in there for hours its a mega size mall.

If you are into history there is plenty to see in the Brandywine valley. Also a scenic trip on the Byway can be a great diversion for an hour or so. Also a day at Longwood gardens would keep the family busy.
    I know not all of us are Clark Griswold but for those who are its a great place for the family to get lost for a while

Any way again if I missed the offer is off the table never mind. If not its seems to make the most since even if its a bit north of the Mason Dixon line.
    Dreamcaster Multimedia
    Visit our website:
    https://dreamcasterlasershows.com/

I had a dream a few nights ago that we found a new venue for SELEM at a large southern university campus.

The auditorium was a huge, amphitheater setup (high raked seating). Very similar to the generic image below

And since we had so much space available, we lasered the shit out of that place. Beam shows, abstracts, and LOTS of static beams and mirrors running around the place. Lots of students would wander in between classes.

It was a sight to behold (in my mind). Just imagine what we could do in a space like this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	birmingham-repertory-theatre-01.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	134.7 KB 
ID:	57692

The Corning Museum of Glass would present a hell of an opportunity for some unique lumia as well as fantastic interactions with the galleries themselves. Plus they have an auditorium and a barge!
    Last edited by Vectorfire; 03-05-2021 at 15:34.

Quote Originally Posted by Vectorfire View Post
    The Corning Museum of Glass would present a hell of an opportunity for some unique lumia as well as fantastic interactions with the galleries themselves. Plus they have an auditorium and a barge!
    when I visited I stayed at a bed and breakfast. Was a fun time. It’s truly the middle of nowhere. However....the big sport there is gliders and ultralights.....

Hank, I like your dream!

Would love to find a space like the one in your picture. I had high hopes that the Savannah Art College might fit the bill, but while their facilities are top-notch, unfortunately their pricing is a few orders of magnitude outside our price range.

Definitely can appreciate the desire to "Laser the shit out of the place" though!

Adam