Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: Search continues for new SELEM venue for 2021 - post your ideas here!

Quote Originally Posted by clickamouse View Post
    Couldn't find in the thread: How do we sign up and pay our fee?

Thanks...Mike
    https://www.photonlexicon.com/forums...Sign-up-Thread
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I sent Chris all the info about Summit Aviation the other day. Claremont was the other one I thought about since that's where I'll likely take my Part 107 drone pilots test. (I fly my drone a lot on the Elk River pretty close to Claremont.) Both are about the same distance away but, Summit has considerably more amenities and is on the same road (896) as the hall and less than 10 minutes away. I don't know that I would suggest Greater Wilmington anymore for two reasons... 1) It's commercial with Frontier now flying regularly in and out to Florida and a few other locations but 2) more importantly is our new Delaware phenomenon called "JoeJam". Since he's been coming home every weekend, the airport and roads leading to his home are loaded with state police and DelDot trucks at every intersection, cut out and, many business parking lots for hours before his anticipated arrival and departure. When he's on the move.... a good part of the northern part of the state... isn't. LOL Now... on the flip side, a picture of Chris's plane with Air Force One in the background might be kinda cool.

Brad,
    You sent me something? I didn't receive anything. Was it an email, PM,........carrier pigeon?

I haven't thought about my flight yet. There is plenty of time to work out the details.

Chris

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerjock View Post
    Brad,
    You sent me something? I didn't receive anything. Was it an email, PM,........carrier pigeon?
    Chris
    It was a PM on here. There's nothing secret about it so I'll just copy & paste:

Hey there! As a heads up, it's looking like SELEM is going to be at my facility from August 8-13th. Adam and I are still hashing out some details and economics and such before it becomes official and public but, I'm doing preliminary work with getting hotel discounts; a B&B lined up for those that liked the Trotthouse vibe and all that sort of stuff and, I figured I should give you the lowdown on airport info should you decided to transport yourself here. This would be your probable destination:

https://summit-aviation.com/about/airport-operations/

and it's less than 10 minutes from the venue. There's another much smaller airport about the same distance and where I'm likely going to take my Part 107 test but, I think Summit makes the most sense for you. It's on the same road as the venue so, easy to get to and from - no turns and a four lane highway.

It's possible we might even do a FLEM before SELEM but, we'll see how it goes.

Hope all is well!

~B
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Brad did you provide the facility just to ensure you were the first to sign up for SELEM this year
    HA! That's the kinda thing I would have used to do but, since I blew it a couple years ago and was like 13th, it's lost it's luster. I was like 11th to register/pay this year.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by rodman1369 View Post
    What are the seating arrangements? Folding chairs? Possibility of purchasing personal beanbag type chairs locally and donating somewhere afterwards? I know I spend Multiple Hours in the auditorium watching shows...and can't see sitting in folding chairs that long...(my butte aches Thinking about it!)

Seriously Thanking you all for the solutions!

Just...the air has "been on fire" for So Long now...I have to Really Think on traveling and everything involved.

The best place for commercial flights would be Philadelphia International, right?
    See my post about commercial airports in the sign up thread but, you can use either PHI (Philly) or BWI (Baltimore-Washington) BWI is about 10 minutes further away and, there's going to be a couple tolls - $1.50 at the harbor tunnel in Baltimore and $6 one way northbound at the Susquehanna River BUT... your flight may be cheaper and there may be a greater selection to choose from at BWI. I bet I use BWI 80% of the time these days over Philly, even though Philly is a bit closer.

Inside, we will use our banquet chairs which are a metal framed stacking banquet chair with a cloth nicely padded seat and back. They're fairly sturdy and comfortable. Outside on the patio we have wrought iron style chairs with arms which are really nice and, nothing says you couldn't bring one inside if its more comfortable. I won't subject anyone to the wooden Chiavari chair. Bean bags will work in either ClubSELEM or the "auditorium" so feel free to bring one if you wish.

~B
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 04-03-2021 at 17:12.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    It was a PM on here. There's nothing secret about it so I'll just copy & paste:

Hey there! As a heads up, it's looking like SELEM is going to be at my facility from August 8-13th. Adam and I are still hashing out some details and economics and such before it becomes official and public but, I'm doing preliminary work with getting hotel discounts; a B&B lined up for those that liked the Trotthouse vibe and all that sort of stuff and, I figured I should give you the lowdown on airport info should you decided to transport yourself here. This would be your probable destination:

https://summit-aviation.com/about/airport-operations/

and it's less than 10 minutes from the venue. There's another much smaller airport about the same distance and where I'm likely going to take my Part 107 test but, I think Summit makes the most sense for you. It's on the same road as the venue so, easy to get to and from - no turns and a four lane highway.

It's possible we might even do a FLEM before SELEM but, we'll see how it goes.

Hope all is well!

~B

Thanks for the info Brad!

I checked my PM's and the last one I got from you was in 2019 about the Pluto. Wonder what happened.

Chris