Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I made a discord server

No, the one you are thinking of is Laser Discord. I don't spend a "lot" of time in there, but I do read through the backlog. The one I invited you to is the SELEM discord server.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    In the server too.
    Would be cool if the selem one can be renamed to Photonlexicon. It's not a very active server sadly.
    yes, I didn't create it, so I can't change it, but I'm in there quite a bit. I was invited a while ago, because it was created for having communication at SELEM (because it gets hard to find people) and past SELEM attendees are typically the people who are in it.

I'm not sure which "rough characters" you are referring to, but more recently I haven't seen anything that I would judge as unfriendly.

Bottom line: you do you, Boo, but it's there if you want to try again; I was just trying to offer an opportunity to connect.

Quote Originally Posted by masterpj View Post
    In the server too.
    Would be cool if the selem one can be renamed to Photonlexicon. It's not a very active server sadly.

Agreed, the tip of the pyramid is always smaller than the base by quite a bit. As far as the unfriendly members in that chat group, every group has them and I am free to go where I want, my choice. Does not necessarily reflect on the whole, just what I chose to have in my life.
    Last edited by LaserHobbyist; 09-18-2020 at 10:12.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the original SELEM discord channel set up by Rick Hellman? I thought he created it to announce when various presentations were going to start, or when certain shows would be running in the auditorium? This would have been, what, maybe 3 or 4 years ago?

If my memory is correct, then Rick should still be able to make changes to that channel if needed.

Disclaimer: I'm not currently active on any of the discord laser channels - I just have a vague memory of this from years ago...

Adam

I added a section for LEM chats as well as laser shows and 3d printing. Feel free to use it