Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Laser scanner adjustment

Without knowing the current rating you really can’t adjust the pots.

for 100.00 you can buy a new rgb module and dump all that. Just keep the scanners and case. Trust me you will be much happier. That said, if you want to play, just don’t go much more than 2/3 of the brightness pot. Leave the fan speed set where it is. Let the laser heat up for 5 min. Adjust the fan speed pot up and down and see if the beam gets dimmer or brighter. Set for brightest. The other pot is probably a bias. With no modulation to the driver turn it till the laser just comes on with no modulation and then back off till the laser is just off. Now add a 1/4 turn or so towards the laser being on but if it comes on back off a bit. That’s about it. That laser looks like junk but the driver is pretty robust.

Ah man so awesome, thank you.

I'll give it a try tonight when I get home.

As I bought the 3 scanners for £15 they all needed something sorting on them so for now it's a learning process to see how it all works. I'll eventually dump these in the not-so-distant future and get something that's actually worth buying.
    With that being said, some of the galvos look to be pretty good and silent even when running them full tilt (drum & bass on music mode), and as you said the driver looks to be pretty good too so I'll definitely look into an RGB mod, plus one of the scanners has a rotating window so I want to replace that with some shower glass and experiment with Lumia.

Default Turd lasers in the house!

Gave this a whirl the other night and followed your instructions.

I managed to get the laser a little brighter but I think I overdid it at the start as the laser would shut down, turn on, shut down in 1 second cycles. I powered it down and backed off on the variable resistor and all seems to be good, it's still quite dull though so I'm chalking this one down to a crap laser that's seen better days.

i took the laser out of the Eclips and installed it into the Euroclub Mercury scanner and it looks much brighter so I'll be using it in there for now along with the red laser that's already in there and will experiment with Lumia.

Where is the best place to look for RGB lasers?

Hi....I as of late refreshed the firmware on our RTC360 and needed to give a shot the new "Check and Adjust" include.

I attempted to run it outside with what I thought was some intriguing math around me, yet continued being told it couldn't finish.

Has anybody effectively run this apparatus, and if so what encompassing highlights do I have to have around me. I figure maybe the absence of overhead detail may have been an issue, however that restricts me to just running it inside where the maximum separation of any detail from the scanner will be incredibly decreased.

order pcb
    Last edited by GerriHeft; 12-04-2020 at 10:18.