Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building 1W 532nm DPSS with DT40

Move your galvos and laser all the way to the edge of the plate. This will give you more room and you will be able to use smaller window.
    Put all you parts closer together. Put a hanging handle so you can mount it to the truss.
    I hired an Italian guy to do my wires. Now they look like spaghetti!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    Move your galvos and laser all the way to the edge of the plate. This will give you more room and you will be able to use smaller window.
    Good suggestion, will have a look at it this afternoon.

Put all you parts closer together.
    I want to leave some space for easy cabling and maintenance. I think it's small enough to be practical now..

Put a hanging handle so you can mount it to the truss.
    Of course, that's what the M8-holes in the side-panels are for. Hanging-bracket is already ordered.

Good choice on using a Neutrik Powercon for the mains. I wish all the other lighting equipment use had them. So much more reliable than IEC or other types. For those who haven't seen one, they are a locking connector similar to "Speakon" connectors used on proffesional speakers. I think they are rated for about 20amps at 230v.

I'm also considering changing my DB25 for a harting connector and just having an adapter to DB25 for the rare occation I'd need to use the projector on someone elses system.

Good job on those CAD drawings dude! I'm playing with Sketchup at the moment but I haven't been able to make anything that looks as accurate as that.

The 3D-renders are done with Autodesk 3DSMAX 9, but these are just "quick" drawings. I'll make more accurate ones when I'm confident with everything.

The panel-designs (front, back, side) are designed in a front-panel designprogram from which you can directly order from Schaeffer-AG in Germany.