Thread: FlexMod P3

Default FlexMod P3

Does anybody still have any of these? I'd like to snatch up as many as possible. Also looking for suggestions on possible replacements.

There was a similar item on ebay for a while that I was buying from a Russian seller, but they're not listed anymore.

What I need is a small driver with a pot to set the "zero" level and a pot to set the high level.

Thanks!

Where are you located? I have three used Flexmod P3s that have bias control (as opposed to the problematic stand-by beam suppression versions which I threw away many years ago). I am based in the US. I'm happy to sell them cheap. Please just PM me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FlexMod P3s.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	2.19 MB 
ID:	57098

Alternatively, if you reach out to BBE/X-Wossee/Vladimir directly at wossee <at> gmail.com he can hook you up with new SimpleDrives in the appropriate power for whatever diodes you intend to drive with them. He sells 500mA, 2.5A, 5A and 6A versions if I recall correctly. SimpleDrives are my favorite driver. Feature-rich, inexpensive and reliable. I have purchased hundreds of his drivers.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Stay away from the flexmod. Why build on something unobtainium. If something goes wrong your in trouble. Those simple drives are supported and really good. Not saying the flexmod is bad. It was my preferred for years.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Stay away from the flexmod. Why build on something unobtainium. If something goes wrong your in trouble. Those simple drives are supported and really good. Not saying the flexmod is bad. It was my preferred for years.
    I didn't have issues with the bias control Flexmods myself, but the features of the SimpleDrives along with their reliability and low cost quickly made these my favorites.

-David

I have largely replaced my flexmods with lasertack drivers. Yes, they are certainly not the cheapest but damn, they are rock solid. I would agree, flexmods are on the way out. Yeah they work but they'll be phased out through attrition.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Default Thanks

Thanks everyone for your input. I bought dkumpula's Flexmods (Thank you David). I've also reached out to X-Wossee for some simpledrives. I've used the simpledrives on this project before. For my application they're the next best thing to the Flexmods, but the Flexmods are a little smaller and seem to be more efficient.

I'm building these (https://www.instagram.com/p/CFupalCnsuq/) laser spray cans for a laser graffiti / interactive installation I've been working on over the years. Photo attached, and video here: https://vimeo.com/461309104

If anyone else has Flexmods lying around please PM me - I'll snatch them up (with my gratitude).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails vector cannons collage.jpg  

Wow! That is such a cool idea! I love the clean form-factor of the cans. Beautiful work!