Thread: UK Meets - north / south divide

Default UK Meets - north / south divide

Just to throw another idea into the pot , and i admit its for selfish reasons , although i enjoyed leicester meet very much it was a long travel !

I wonder if theres any demand for an intermediary more frequent Northern meet , and southern meet and then all coming together for an annual or bi annual meet in leicester !

I cant remember the geography of where people stayed ,and it might well be that theres no demand but just throwing ideas into the hat , there would be a lot of logistical stuff regarding new towns to consider and venues , and the numbers simply might not add up but just some fodder to chew over

Any thoughts

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

that's the classic tribal approach.

We don’t want to get into a North Vs South laser competition! (North wouldn’t stand a chance )

The journey was about 1hour 20 for me; a few others I remember were roughly the same.

1 – 2.5 hours I don’t think is too bad to drive, considering we get a good 10+ hours of "lasering".
    Regards,

Aidan

It took me 1 and 3/4 hours to get to leicester and I would happily have traveled further. Obviously being in the northertly part I would welcome a north based event but I think Leicester was good and I think we would be hard pushed to get a better venue than the one Mark sourced.
    Anyway I will take my kit wherever we need to go to.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

took me 2 hours with no traffic, my dad recon 2.30 with traffic.

but ill go anywhere within reason
    Eat Sleep Lase Repeat

Hiya

Judging by reaction , theres not much of a demand then !

For posteriety , if anyone want to set up a six monthly or quartly meet say within a hours drive of carlisle ( therefore limiting my drive to 2.5 / 3 hours ) im in !

In the meantime I will just have to try and convince few more scottish people to get into this hobby so we can have a central scotland meet too !

PAUL

Oh ! Forgot to mention

Saturday morning I got a letter from leicester , looked at postmark and thought oh ! i aint that long back from there !!

Opened it just to find it was leicestershire police saftey camera partnership ... sod i thought !!! i was flashed after left venue at laser meet ... i mean within minutes of leaving venue ! The camera was a FACE ON one , photo taken from front not behind

Grrrrr

Anyway , it was 11.30pm on sunday night and in a 30 zone , anybody wanna guess what speed i was charged at ?

PAUL

Shall we say.... 32?
    Regards,

Aidan

if 32 is true then they are nearly as hot as north wales - they would do you at 30.5!

Bad news Paul - I know I didnt exactly obey the speed limit but I had noticed a few cameras on my way in in the morning so was reasonably careful - though theres time yet as the post hasnt been yet today.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Blinking Nightmare

Charged for doing 36 in a 30 zone at 11.30pm on a sunday night !

Sodding thing must have been in my new blind spot(s) , or my newly created matrix of blindspots following the meet !!

Theres just no justice in it , its just blatent revenue collection !!

PAUL