Thread: Scanners with Amp(s) (DAC?) required 10-15K(ish) - WHY?

Default Scanners with Amp(s) (DAC?) required 10-15K(ish) - WHY?

I need a set of scanners & amp(s) and possibly a DAC if you have the lot for my little 60mW Argon I am reconditioning please?

WHY?

Thanks
    Jim
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Anyone to help me please ?
    --------------------
    My Brain urt's!

Continuously in Awe! of (H)Al, the Photonlexicon Font of Complete Knowledge - The (H)Al'PL Database of complete puss that no one needs to know or ever trusts as he ain't really got a Scooby doo about now't!

Cool

I don't have anything for sale at the moment, but the guys over at Lasershowparts.com ought to be able to sell you everything you need. They're both members here, and they've got a great reputation.

Or there's always E-bay... There's an auction running right now for an Alphalite DAC and a set of scanners, plus a 60 mw red and a 30 mw green laser already mounted with a dichro. It's not a great piece of kit (the Alphalite DAC has a few issues, and you can't sync a show to music), but it is a very low cost solution, and the software *does* have some cool features.

Right now the auction is at only $300 with no bids, which is pretty cheap for a set of scanners alone, not to mention the DAC and the lasers. If you wanted to start small and work up, this would be a way to do it. (Rick Gebhardt, the guy that invented the Alphalite, is the one running that auction. It's got 1 dayt left.)

Adam