Thread: Dragon Tiger DT-30 Pros 30kpps Galvos (Used)

Default SOLD: Dragon Tiger DT-30 Pros 30kpps Galvos (Used)

I have a set of DT-30 Pro galvos with 3mm mirrors for sale that come from a recently upgraded projector. They have low hours on them and are functioning well with no signs of bearing grind or anything like that. They have very low hours on them.

I am asking $130 plus shipping for them. If you are interested, please PM me with your location (US only please).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9194.JPG 
Views:	3 
Size:	2.36 MB 
ID:	57177 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9193.JPG 
Views:	1 
Size:	1.79 MB 
ID:	57178

Warmest Regards,

-David
    Last edited by dkumpula; 08-03-2022 at 03:52.
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Are these still available? I'd be interested.

hey pm me i would be willing to take those from you if still avail. located in the us. Hey TheHermit. sure you can buy a laser to play with but it depends what your after. some like the side of programing shows and playing with code and soft where and some like the side of building something. i enjoy both but the planning and production building a laser and overcoming the failures is fun for a hobby person. its like a nerdy model rc car type of project. and also good price for the scanners. u can buy a laser for cheap but building one with stick with you for longer

Apologies for not updating this thread earlier. I haven't been on this forum as I have taken a break from building lasers and writing content for a couple years now.

As it turns out I had two sets of these, one of which was in great shape and another that had a driver that would 'lose it's sh!t' occasionally. It was acting like the protective electric 'fuse' (I forget what it's called) was malfunctioning. The later set I offered to someone for free, but accidentally sent them the fully functional set. I still have the set that needs repair if someone wants that - just pay the shipping from Fort Mill, SC.

As for buying new - I'd look at the ScannerMax Compact 506 and Saturn series. They perform significantly better than anything I've seen including the pricey and hard-to-find CT scanners. I migrated the remaining of my 19 custom builds to Saturns and C-506 series scanners some time back and couldn't be happier with their performance and reliability.

To further some of the recent comments, I believe someone taking the time to build their own lasers for home use only has a few 'avenues of distinction' to build something that they can't buy for less. These areas include:

1. Single mode diodes for exceptional beam overlap. Yes, you'd be limited on power, but for home use or graphics single-modes look awesome. They are also more practical than gas or OPSL options.
    2. High-end galvos (Scannermax) for either beams or graphics
    3. Custom lumia capabilities
    4. Custom cases for an unusual form-factor / footprint requirement
    5. Use of uncommon diode wavelengths (e.g. 405nm for glow in the dark work)

Of course, building your own is still fun and educational even if it doesn't save you any money.

-David
    "Help, help, I'm being repressed!"

Quote Originally Posted by dkumpula View Post
    As it turns out I had two sets of these, one of which was in great shape and another that had a driver that would 'lose it's sh!t' occasionally. It was acting like the protective electric 'fuse' (I forget what it's called) was malfunctioning. The later set I offered to someone for free, but accidentally sent them the fully functional set. I still have the set that needs repair if someone wants that - just pay the shipping from Fort Mill, SC.
    Hi David,

I'd be interested in picking up the malfunctioning set of DT-30 galvos if prosnurfer doesn't want them.

Thanks,
    Kyle