Thread: DT40 Pro and "Beam Shutter" parts questions...

Default DT40 Pro and "Beam Shutter" parts questions...

I'm still in the planning stages of my first RGB projector ("ain't home yet"), but I've pretty well decided on using the DT40 Pro (or similar) scanners for my project.

For those of you who have used this scanner set, could you recommend a specific heat sink (part number and vendor) that will work with the amplifiers and galvos (if needed)? US vendors are preferred, mainly because the dollar exchange rate sucks so bad !!

Concerning a "beam shutter" -
    I want to build with the possibility of applying for a CDRH variance down the road, so I figure I'll need a spring-loaded "beam shutter" device that will revert to an "off" or "beam blocked" position without power applied, but a has a good continuous-duty cycle for laser show use. Could anyone recommend a specific (part number and vendor) reasonably-priced, 5 to 12VDC solenoid, actuator, galvo, etc. that would be suitable?

As always - thanks!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Either the STP8 from medialas

Or General Scanning GM20

The STP8 would never cut it, for a number of reasons.

firstly, it is not spring-loaded, so it wont return to the same position, when power is removed, and secondly, it is no way near fast enough.

These are fine for beam table work, color flags, etc, but not as a safety shutter
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

I am packing up for SELEM.......I will be glad to mail you a sink for the DT amps if you would pick up the postage. Let me know when you need it.
    What about a GSI unit to divert main beam into a dump and be clear of it when energized?
    Last edited by MechEng3; 08-18-2007 at 02:39.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

I was under the impression the DT amps did not need heatsinking. The SCANPRO's we use, i never do anything more than mount them to the baseplate of the laser, and have no issues with heat...
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

My set of DT40Pro's came with a small heatsink on the top of them. However, i'm sure that I read somewhere that Jian was going to stop fitting it. Perhaps you could email Jian (the manufacturer) on this forum and ask him.

Incidentally, at the recent UK meeting I had my projector hooked up to a Pangolin Pro system. We were running allsorts of stuff including full raster scanning. The DT40Pro's handled it all extremely well. Kevin, who kindly let me use hook up his QM2000.net system, was used to using Cambridge scanners and was extremely impressed with the way the DT40's handled the workload. I checked on the scanners when we had finished 'playing' and they were hardly warm.

Cheers

Jem

Great info - thanks all!
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....