Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best cheap RGB ILDA?

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    Scanners worth having start at 1000.00. Yea there are cheaper but you’ll regret it in a few days. Cases are 300.00. Lasers low power rgb with good drivers 700-1000. So really just the projector 2500.00. Add fb4 and beyond and well your looking for unobtanium at those prices. If you home brew maybe save some but still. Over 1k. Hey my scanners were 2500.00 alone.

Why would I regret it in a few days?

Quote Originally Posted by Coltondm View Post
    Why would I regret it in a few days?
    the image will flicker and be poor quality edges will not be crisp and blanking will suffer. Repeatability forget it

So knowing my situation what kind of terms should I include if I was trying to find a reliable entry level laser. If I posted a buying listing on here I don't want to get scammed and I feel like if I don't know what to look for or say that could happen pretty easy. I'm just trying to be as reasonable as possible here. Feel like I'm catching a lot of flak for not wanting to spend 1.5k on a hobby I don't know I really even enjoy yet ya know?

Cool regrets?

Hey--no two of us are exactly alike. What bothers some is nothing to others--almost NOBODY in the audience at a concert etc. will think--wow!.. the white has too much blue or I hate that flicker.. and at home or a local party -you will be thanked for sharing-- not criticized. I like to let my friends(mostly the ladies) take my seat and free-style.. without exception they all love doing that. The LK PDs all get rave reviews from most.. for the cost.. afaik that model has been fazed out-- contact Linna Lin at LaserKing to ask what is sold now that is alike--OR place a WTB post at both forums --ATM I bet a few ,who have not twisted some knobage recently may need $$ more than a $500 ttl projector ATM--
    that is what I would do...VR hak
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

Honestly, I would say that Kecked may be a little out of touch with what is coming out of China currently if he thinks you only get junk under 2500USD.
    I've bought 10W RGB projectors with fairly capable scanners (DT50W and DT40) for less than that from 2 different well known vendors.
    Like I said, look at Goldenstar and Opt Laser - I think in the US Technologial Artisans imports Goldenstar, not sure if Opt have someone local.
    I'm in the UK though, so we don't have to consider variances.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Honestly, I would say that Kecked may be a little out of touch with what is coming out of China currently ... snip
    I would agree. It's true, I am running 506s now and absolutely love them but, I have been using the same set of DT40s for 7 years now and they are still tight and accurate. At 30K, they crank out everything I put to them. IMHO, 60K+ is overrated and simply not worth the price unless you're doing high-end professional shows that pay the bills. For the club scene, simple weekend gigs, or living room laser shows, 60K+ is not worth it. As long as you're getting decent galvos, I doubt you'd have to crack $1000 on a projector to get very good quality. Now, if you're trying to make a living from lasers, that's a different story.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Honestly, I would say that Kecked may be a little out of touch with what is coming out of China currently if he thinks you only get junk under 2500USD.
    I've bought 10W RGB projectors with fairly capable scanners (DT50W and DT40) for less than that from 2 different well known vendors.
    Like I said, look at Goldenstar and Opt Laser - I think in the US Technologial Artisans imports Goldenstar, not sure if Opt have someone local.
    I'm in the UK though, so we don't have to consider variances.
    I’m a Saturn snob and I would not consider anything else. I also could not live with less than a a Sony A9H 77”. Tv
    i am out of touch because I gave up years ago. I had a custom Kumpula made for me. To me accuracy is everything as I do graphics. The 506 with Mach dsp drivers are great too. I’d go with Ryan’s suggestion. Ps I’ve never tried to make a buck it’s a hobby only.

Quote Originally Posted by kecked View Post
    I’m a Saturn snob and I would not consider anything else.
    I know those feels. I still run Apogee Duettas that I have to feed with a pair of Carver 1.5T amps. I, too, would settle for nothing less. For someone getting their feet wet in lasers, I think recommending a solid performer with a decent price tag is preferable to top of the line that makes you contemplate a second mortgage! Just my $ .02
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

I recently purchased an inexpensive projector from Amazon by V-Show. It is 1W and has OK analog modulation and a nice color balance. The tuning isn't great but it gets the job done for images in the 12k to 20k scan speed.... things in the upper range are a bit rounded off. I think with some tuning a reduction of scan angle it will be sharper. But if you want to play out of the box I do not think you will be disappointed for beams and simple graphics.

Currently it sells for $265 when it is in stock and will be at your door the same week. Plus its Amazon so you have that pathway for returns. Currently it is not in Stock on Amazon warehouse... so shipping speed and returns are probably different. I bought mine directly from Amazon and it was at my house in 2 days.

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/V-Show-Animation-Projector-illumination-Festival/dp/B07RM15T4X

And here is the title of the item just in case you need to search for it: V-Show 1W RGB DMX Animation Laser Light Dmx Laser Scanner LED Beam Dj Laser Stage Light Effect Laser Show Light for Festival Bar Club Party Wedding
    Last edited by cfavreau; 11-18-2020 at 13:17.

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    I recently purchased an inexpensive projector from Amazon by V-Show. It is 1W and has OK analog modulation and a nice color balance. The tuning isn't great but it gets the job done for images in the 12k to 20k scan speed.... things in the upper range are a bit rounded off. I think with some tuning a reduction of scan angle it will be sharper. But if you want to play out of the box I do not think you will be disappointed for beams and simple graphics.

Currently it sells for $265 when it is in stock and will be at your door the same week. Plus its Amazon so you have that pathway for returns. Currently it is not in Stock on Amazon warehouse... so shipping speed and returns are probably different. I bought mine directly from Amazon and it was at my house in 2 days.

Here is the link: https://www.amazon.com/V-Show-Animation-Projector-illumination-Festival/dp/B07RM15T4X

And here is the title of the item just in case you need to search for it: V-Show 1W RGB DMX Animation Laser Light Dmx Laser Scanner LED Beam Dj Laser Stage Light Effect Laser Show Light for Festival Bar Club Party Wedding
    The case looks identical to my WickedLaser Laserdock. Probably the same inside too.