Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EasyLase USB DAC. Where to buy?

Default EasyLase USB DAC. Where to buy?

Where can I buy a easy laser USB DAC? I haven't had any luck finding one online with google. Also, what is the common price for these.
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

Ben
    You can buy direct from JM laser

http://www.jmlaser.com/

I typed easylase into google and thier website was the first in the list. Though it would seem their site is offline at the moment - try again tomorrow.
    I bought mine from them and they are quick to deliver and easy to deal with.

Good Luck

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Is that the best one to get for the price? Or is there something cheaper/same or better.
    CLICKY!!!

Its the only called easylase! If you are using Mamba then Medialas make thier own but i think its a bit more expensive. I bought easylase due to the attitude of medialas boss when he repplied to an email of mine regarding Mamba. His attitude led me to make the decision not to buy from them.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

I guess that seems like the best thing to use. What software would you reccomend? I am looking for something very cheap. Are there any freeware programs out there that can do basic displays and beam shows?
    CLICKY!!!

JM Laser does have their own software - the name of which escapes me right now. Mamba 2004 is (or was) Euro99 which was a bargain & you can use USB DAC (or many other hardware solutions) or homebrew Parallel DAC as I did in the first place - though I bought the more expensive Mamba Black.
    For Value right now I believe Pangolin LA Freak with FB3 is the bargain of the century @$500 - check will Bill Benner and don't shout at me if this is not accurate but im sure its in this ball park. Thats a major bargain for an entry level hardware and software product from THE laser show company. The support and backup will be second to none plus its a good lead in to thier Pro products. I think the only limitation as far as you are concerned is over Licence which if i remember correctly does not allow for any form of commercial use.
    If you want free - I dont know whats out there and you get what you pay for and remember this is Lasers - the word cheap does not exist!

Rob

Hello Ben,

I'll certainly sell my Easylase DAC + Mamba software very soon, for a very good price, are you interested?

Seb

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    For Value right now I believe Pangolin LA Freak with FB3 is the bargain of the century @$500 <snip> Thats a major bargain for an entry level hardware and software product from THE laser show company.
    Rob, I gotta agree whole-heartedly with your statement above. The LA FREAK package is indeed the bargain of the century. (And your price quote is correct, BTW.) You get world class software and support after the sale, you get a rock solid DAC, and you get a ton of features that other software packages charge extra for. In my mind, the only thing better is a full-blown QM-2000 setup. But for folks on a budget, the LA FREAK makes a hell of a lot of sense!

Adam

Laser Ben is asking for very cheap laser software!
    $500 is still a lot of money for a beginner.
    Try all the free (demo) laser programs at www.hobby-lasers.startpagina.nl

Free demos won't do him any good because he needs a software/hardware package that actually does something. Unfortunately, the cheapest non-free software/hardware package is still $500 or so. Unless you go with something like Norm's software/DAC or go the Linux laserboy/sound car road. I've already explored all of the free stuff and it just isn't worth messing with unless you have no other means.