Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: I have a confession...

Hi Jem,

I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the system, although it sounds like there was a rough part in the beginning. I was out of the office on Friday so I don't know which DLL Hayden sent you. But I am glad he was able to get you going.

As for the WOW part, it's hard to tell exactly what you are WOW-ing about because there is really so much that comes with the system. The smoothness and consistency of image projection is something that is definitely noticable about us when compared to competing systems.

Also, don't forget that you have more than just a laser animation system there. You have:

* Around 4MB of help files that explain not only the software, but also things like Laser Fundamentals, Laser Terminology, Doing 3D laser shows and Scan Angle Tables.

* Two separate methods to convert bitmap imagery into Laser Graphics.

* Winamp plug-in which allows you to create beam shows automatically, in real time to MP3 and other music files.

* Asteroids laser game which allows you to use up to four players in a game.

* Over 100 show and demo files (some with pre-licensed royalty-free music), and over 300,000 frames and animations, including the entire Lightspeed Laser Animation library.

* And don't forget the LD2000 SDK, which allows you to expand the capabilities of the system or create entirely new applications. You can check out the latest use at SIGGRAPH here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/LD2000/LD2000_Siggraph.htm

Best regards,

William Benner
    Last edited by Pangolin; 08-26-2007 at 00:02.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    You can check out the latest use at SIGGRAPH here:
    http://www.pangolin.com/LD2000/LD2000_Siggraph.htm
    Hey... I want to play that at home on my set up too...

Hi Bill

Thanks for your reply. I realise that i've only just 'touched the surface' of what the system can do, but even just looking at the pre-made shows there is just no comparison at all with what I was using previously.

Thanks for the pointers, I intend watching some of the DVD today, i'll also have a browse through the help files. Sadly i'm one of those people who likes to jump right in and 'play' before reading the help files, I tend to learn quicker that way

My next move is to buy the SMStoLaser module, I believe that comes with the full version of LivePro, I also want to get the full abstract generator. I'll be in touch as soon as finances recover

I have no doubt that i'll have some more questions as time goes on but for now i'm just in awe of the whole system.

Hayden was brilliant on the telephone and soon narrowed the problem down, technical support like that is hard to get these days and it was really apppreciated.

Oh, i've just thought of a question... It's probably in the help files somewhere but... How do I get a visualisation (waveform) to project using Winamp? and is there something like a spectrum analyzer?

I would go on, but I want to play now

Cheers

Jem

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Jem View Post
    Oh, i've just thought of a question... It's probably in the help files somewhere but... How do I get a visualisation (waveform) to project using Winamp? and is there something like a spectrum analyzer?
    There doesn't seem to be a default osilliscope for the Winamp plugin. DZ gave me the "code" he uses and it is perfect from what I can tell. I may have it in a PM that I can forward or post. I will look for it but may have to copy it from my laser show computer when I get home from work it... 3 or so hours...

edit:

Here is what he gave me...

Init: n=150; tv=0; dtv=0; tvs=0.0;
    On Beat: tvs=-sign(tvs);
    Per Frame: tv=tv*0.97+tvs*0.03;
    Per Point: x=(i-.5)*2; y=-sin(i*3.14159)*tv+v*1.2;

Good luck!
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 08-26-2007 at 00:47. Reason: found code...