Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Styropyro

Default Styropyro

Has any body seen the YouTube channel STYROPYRO?

this boy is taking key chain laser pointer the kind you play with the cat and ramping them up to three watts of out put power. I wonder if he knows to Owen a class 4 laser you need a FDACDRH VARIANCE and to turn it on he needs an LSO present.
    I have to admit there totally sick And fairly simple to build . His last build total weight of the hole laser unit battery and all was 15 grams with a power out put of over 3 watts crazy dangerous to carry on a key chain

swamidog is online now Jr. Woodchuckington Janitor III, Esq.

he does. he has attended SELEM and many of us known him in person. he knows what he's doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasertize View Post
    Has any body seen the YouTube channel STYROPYRO?

this boy is taking key chain laser pointer the kind you play with the cat and ramping them up to three watts of out put power. I wonder if he knows to Owen a class 4 laser you need a FDACDRH VARIANCE and to turn it on he needs an LSO present.
    I have to admit there totally sick And fairly simple to build . His last build total weight of the hole laser unit battery and all was 15 grams with a power out put of over 3 watts crazy dangerous to carry on a key chain
    suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.

Them be some pretty sick laser pointers, I have built a few in my day. I don’t any more after becoming a LSO certified, he’s well under the wire, I enjoyed his videos and will watch for More of his great videos, wether there legal or not. All laser product over 5 mw as we all know obviously him as well require a variance hopefully he is not risking him self with the FDA by posting proof of violation on YouTube.
    I would like to see more of what he dose! It’s cool as hell.

I’m not a new member just new Business name old member have few Selem under my belt as well back when 445 first came out and ever body was buying the green slim line projectors to salvage the diodes 2010 I believe when Len haksaw1 was cooking from the Selem meets. I miss those days, hopefully Adam will find a new place to hold the famous meet and Greet and 3days of way Illegal laser shows! Being up in the balcony with the beam lines passing inch’s from my head is something my wife and I will never forget!

This hilarious quote is from Styropyro: This, like most problems, can be solved. ...by using powerful lasers.

Laser Warning yep!

Styropyro has that in his pocket for sure!

Default Drake

--At the very first I also felt he was not helping us/the forum etc--BUT once I got to 'know' him I saw that he is more serious about safety than most assume.
    =

Maybe I should go back and read again about his 'upgrade'
    I could be wrong but I remember that is was aaa 532 pointer which he modded to make 1W for a VERY short duty cycle.. either way that is was epic accomplishment.

There are ton of videos that show hundreds of stooopid things.

..and aside from all that he is a nice person. He linked to my PC and fixed it (remotely)free in about 10 minutes.
    I won't lie-- I would not pass up a chance to see (& video) a live demo by Styropyro
    ..with some eye protection... Might have to 'double up' or more..
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-