Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Selem !!!

Steve-o, if you don't want that software/dongle, sell it on eBay and think about what quazar said about the analog box. I wish we sould have hooked up "guy's" while we were there. The software you got is worth a couple to a few hundred. It should be able to fund a nice chunk of the rest of a beam box projector.
    I'm a dumbass cause I cant figure out how to make it work. Hell, I dont even have scanner amps yet for the G-124s that Steve gave me ( I gave him my "arc-lamp"). I have however built the DAC that Mike gave me. Thanks again Mike and Steve. SO... anyone want to trade this software and dongle for a green dpss? I've got to get that wickedlaser pointer out of my projector. Maybe I should re-post this under wanted-buy-sell-trade section..

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    SO... anyone want to trade this software and dongle for a green dpss? I've got to get that wickedlaser pointer out of my projector.
    If you really want to man, I'll swap you my two aixiz 30mW greens for it. One of the power supplies has a short somewhere. I can point out where, I just don't solder well. I won't say you will be getting the good part of the deal but it will get that "pointer" out of your projector. I'm not sure the polarization, or if they are, but you may be able to combine them. I'm not sure if he sells them on eBay anymore, but they look almsot exactly like the 50mW and they do not have IR filters. Send me a PM if you are interested.

Hey, there is this analog box on eBay... I dont know anything about it but saw it last night...
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 09-23-2007 at 12:44.

Thats just a cheapo DMX cintroller.

OK , i'm going to show my ignorance . what is DMX?

Allthat- yeah- ok- I can use something that I understand vs something i cnt use.. I'll PM you tomm if you want..
    Last edited by steve-o; 09-23-2007 at 16:31.

Cool

DMX is a serial, digital communication standard that is often used to control lighting effects from a master console. Lots of other things can use the DMX interface though, including fog machines, hazers, and even some laser projectors. They have a built-in controller board with a bunch of pre-loaded frames, and they receive a DMX signal from the lighting panel (or other DMX controller) to trigger the individual effects.

The FB3 has a DMX input, and I *believe* it also supports limited DMX output. The QM-2000 has both DMX in and out.

Thanx Adam.
    Can you tell me what exactly that this is that I have??
    I have no clue of how to use it and I would rather have something that i understand (like another laser) and could build a simple show (rather than having to aquire a degree in order to learn how to use it )

Cool

Hi Steve-O!

Two separate discussions going on, and I think you got them confused.

The door prize that you won at SELEM was a copy of Laser Design Studio (Basic). This is laser show software; similar to Mamba Black, but more capable. The USB dongle you got with it is the important part. Without it the software is useless.

Now, to make it work, you still need a controller. (A DAC, if you will.) I'm pretty sure that the Norm's Laser Show DAC will work with Laser Design Studio. The Easylase USB DAC will also work, as will the Riya and Medialas controllers. (There is a driver for the QM-2000 board that will work with Mamba Black... I wonder if the driver will also work with Laser Design Studio? Dunno about that...)

Anyway, the whole DMX conversation started because Allthatwhichis posted a link to an E-bay auction where someone (Tom, from Introspective Lasers) was selling a low-end DMX lighting control panel. Allthat thought it was an analog laser effects console, but Quazar corrected him. (Though to be fair, you *could* use that console to interface with Pangolin's LivePro! software, so it could be used for laser shows after a fashion.)

But the software (and dongle) that you have is not related to the DMX lighting controller on E-bay, or to DMX in general. It's just software to control a laser projector via a controller.

Adam

Yeah I understand that DMX is a topic unrelated to the software/ dongle that I have. Thanx Adam for explaining it tho.
    I do have a DAC now, Mike (Mecheng3) gave me the 'Norm's' kit That I promptly put together; it's just that when I load the disc and put the dongle in (heh) it doesn't do anything except display a bunch of folders. I've searched through them and cant find anything useful -like how to make a laser show -- silly me..
    Last edited by steve-o; 09-24-2007 at 03:46.

I'll swap you my two aixiz 30mW greens for it.
    Allthat, sounds tempting but i dont really have room in the projector for 2 greens- kinda tight on space already - especially when I add the bluee later on..

Thumbs up

That's cool man. I just feel bad that you can't enjoy the software. I have a few things I can group together with one of the aixiz 30mWs if you like. Pm me if you would like.