Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Selem !!!

These are the only stills I got

And.. Nice to meet you all!!
    nice vette Spec ..hpe ur back gets better -cool uv off the mirrorball
    Mike the Michigan Dude. Getintoitmoneypitthobby, man
    Unlocked- the 2,5Wargonblue and the 3+W pizza box firestarter was just too much man- I think it gave some people a scare..
    Adam-Thanks Really -youre a wildman
    Pangolin dudes -Thanks..cool chick on the back -the shirts are awesome
    DZ-nice shirts, thanx
    M3sorry u- (and i ) had to leave early
    (apparently we missed a "surprise ending")
    Oh, and Steve, I left my solder there..for U..I fig'd U might have needed it more than me at the moment
    Allthat- nice to meet U
    and if i left anybody out forgive me...
    Y'all have a good one..
    S
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Aug20731.JPG  

Aug20728.JPG  

Aug20729.JPG  

Aug20730.JPG  

Aug20726.JPG  

Looks like you all had a very good time!

We are lacking pictures though people, who’s hording them?
    Regards,

Aidan

Exclamation

Well, I've got some bad news. I lost at least half my pictures. The memory card that's in my camera right now is completely blank. I've got the pics from the other memory card that were shot on day 1, but the one from day 2 has nothing on it. I think it got corrupted somehow when my son had to change the batteries... My guess is that it couldn't read the memory card, so the camera formatted it. (That happened when I first bought the camera too, but the memory card was empty to begin with that time...)

Unfortunately, day 2 was the day that Bill Benner did a *lot* of scanner tuning, including the tune-up on the scanners that Dave and Aijii from LaserShowParts.com donated to the event. (The one's I'm supposed to be writing a review on!) I don't have any pictures of them at all now. (Gonna be hard to put together a decent review without those shots...)

I also don't have any pictures of the surgery on the HGM 5 argon laser. All those pictures were on that second memory card. (I was really looking forward to some of those shots...) I also lost all the pictures of the repair work on the broken DT-40 scanner mirror.

What's worse is that I can't get my High-8 video camera to accept a tape anymore. This problem actually started on Sunday morning, but I assumed that it was because the spare tapes I purchased that morning were defective. (This is why I couldn't tape Bill Benner when he was doing the galvo tuning; every time I tried to put a fresh tape in the machine it would immediately eject it.) Well, now it's ejecting the tapes I shot on Saturday as well. So there's something wrong with the mechanism inside...

Fortunately, I've got a friend that does wedding videos and stuff on the side. I know he has a High-8 playback deck, so worst case I can go to his house and digitize the tapes from day 1 over there. But there's no video from day 2, which means no video of scanner tuning and no video of the work on the big argon laser.

I know that Hayden took some pictures with his camera, and I think Dreambeamz has a couple pics from day 2, so all is not lost just yet. But it's going to take a few days to pull everything together from all the members.

Damn... I'm the one that's always telling people to take lots of pictures, and then this happens to me!

Mental note: Next time bring a better camera and a better video cam-corder, and DUMP THE PICTURES TO A LAPTOP each day. That way I won't loose anything. Sigh...

Adam

Hey Adam,

PM me a good email to send the pics to. I will send you everything that I have.
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

More bad news.. I recorded at least 3-4 hours of Sat PM - the fun stuff - the smoke/air cannons and PinkF show from a pc-cam to harddrive and its not there. I did a test recording after I got home and it worked fine. Ive been all over C:\drive with a fine tooth comb and it's just not there. I guess some of this just wasnt meant to be (to be a fatalist about it)
    -or the camera gods dont like lasers

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden View Post
    Hey Adam,
    PM me a good email to send the pics to. I will send you everything that I have.
    PM sent... Though I don't mind publishing my g-mail address - they're really good about filtering spam. Send it to buffomounie@gmail.com. Just don't send any exe files. Google strips executable files from all messages even if they're zipped up in an archive.

Adam

I have the whole Pink Floyd show....all taped and it is here. I will load to P/C and try to get some stills up. Let me know if anyone has a suggestion of how to upload 45 minutes of this.......and where.Also have a few minutes of random laser mania that went on.......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Talking

adam, geeez, i think it would be wise to leave the high tech laser career on the shelf for a while. i am sure your local university would have some programs geared towards simple operation and repair of home electronics-
    you have to walk before you can run old buddy.
    go big or go home

Mike- Looks like you saved the day!!!
    YouTube maybe? I dont know what their vid limit is.

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

i hate to be the purveyor of tough love on this forum, but someone has to do it- here we go-

Chours sings
    " real men of genuis "

Today we salute you mr literary lark of the laser forum

All year long you slave away to host the event of the century-
    painstakingly planing all the details for when the day comes-

labcoat- check

horn rimmed glasses- check

pocket protector- check

functioning photographic equipment to document all experiments and other
    happenings so you can show the whole entire globe who couldn't make it what they missed- no check

well i guess theres always next year-
    so have a bud and leave that hgm 5 to mr zurcher

Chours sings
    " clandestinys stuff seems to work all the time even if he doesn't need it too "

anheiser clandestiny st louis florida
    go big or go home