Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Selem !!!

Yo
    Theres something about those photos with all the desks and wires , and the photos being grainy and slightly out of focus that remind me of photos from NASA organising the moon landing .

Wonder if SELEM really happened , or is it some conspiracy !

I will need to study the photos more for shadows !!

PAUL
    In the beginning there was none. Then came the light - #1 UKLEM - 2007
    BUY UK LEGAL LASER POINTER :: NEW - Blue 460nm Laser Pointers

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

Yes lasermad, we are on the same page, quite reminesant of the supposed moon landing isn't it. I have my suspisions as well. Since we share the same first name I have decided to cut my losses with steve-o and take you under my wing instead-

Paul
    AKA Clandestiny
    go big or go home

Arpfk.................................................. .................

Wonder if SELEM really happened , or is it some conspiracy !
    LOL, you might be right. I'm pretty amazed at the photos posted so far. Lets compair:

Highlight of British event:

Hightlight of American event:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1.JPG  

2.JPG  

Adam,

Man too bad about the lost pictures, guess you just had to be there

I had a nice time and picked on up a good bit drifting in and out between work and daily life….

Note to Self: Manipulate next SELEM to fall on my weekend off.

It was really nice to meet you guys and see the projectors in action and being worked on, I hope there will be a next time

Later
    Kelly
    Last edited by Sway; 08-21-2007 at 21:41.

Lightbulb

Now that I have a few spare moments... I'm at work... I wanted to say that SELEM was indeed a complete success. I'm not srue if we got enough laser show watching done, but I know we all had a great time and learned a lot and I even got an electrical overhaul on my projector!

A big thanks to Spec and DZ for taking my artistic electrical mess and turning it into a funcational work of art. It only took about 8 hours. I was also happy to once again play with the worlds first violet pointer again, I got teary eyed having to give it back... And DZ, sorry about your blue, again... I hope it gets fixed or replaced in a timely manner. Your projector was still the best on site.

Thank you to Pangolin for tuning my scanners, the shirts, and all the words of wisdon he shared during the event. Also for letting Hayden come out and play!

Thanks to Hayden for coming out; it was nice to see the person who does all the work. I can't wait to some see the "TnA" display at Universal.

It was good to meet everyone else...

MechEng3, VERY nice projector, a definate second on site and good luck with the "White box"...

MixedGas, more words of wisdom and a big thanks for that mirror.

Have Locked, that is a beast argon you have, wish we could have played with it more, that and your RGB gas projector. I wanted to look at the PCAOM more... maybe next time.

steve-o, hope you enjoy your door prize! A good DAC and you'll be good to go. Be careful with that "lamp"...

Bill(from MI), good to meet you, I never got your handle... I hope your drive home was as uneventful as mine. I think you had about the same distance as me.

Dreambeamz, glad you could make it, if only on day two. Have to give your girl props, she not only came with you, she looked to be interested in everything also. Mine came along with me but doesn't even know what coherent light is...

SWAY, we weren't introduced I don't think, but I saw you stop by once or twice; glad you could make it.

and lastly a BIG thank you to Clandestiny for the amps! The one we had when I showed up was nothing compared to yours. Walkman : PA difference. Sorry you couldn't attend, but I got you a big T Shirt...

Thanks also to OneStopLaserShop.com for the gratings and Dave and Aijii at LaserShowParts.com for the scanners, now I have more reasons to bother you.

Now, dammit Astroguy, didn't they understand when you told them to land at Charlotte...? You mentioned lasers, correct?
    We will have to look over your calendar for FLEM II. Speaking of FLEM II... Adam?

O, I guess I should say thanks to Adam also, he did have a small part in organizing this. I think he got enough satisfaction just seeing all go off. Tell Danny he need to get a screen name, hoe bout adam's_son...

I may have missed someone... if so yell at me, I have a poor memory sometimes.

I took a few hours of video, but it will probably take me awhile to get it on a computer and uploaded. I'm a lazy ass when it comes to stuff like that.

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    hayden, checks in the mail-
    LMAO! you know, DZ's blue went out as well. dont forget that.
    Ex-Keeper of the QM2000 boards.

HAHAHA! This thread is getting better and better. To the conspiracy theorists out there - doubt not, for the proof is forthcoming! I have pictures to upload, both from my camera (day one only) and also from Hayden's camera (day one and day two). I've also got some video to upload, but that's going to take some time... (Camcorder is hosed.)

I still haven't unpacked everything from the event. I've been working back-to-back 18 hour shifts since I returned. (Ugh... Double Ugh!) I should have some spare time on Thursday though, and after I sleep for about 10 hours I might actually be able to get something accomplished.

As far as FLEM Mark II, we have a couple options. Option # 1 is to wait until late February and hold a big one. Option # 2 (and the one I prefer) is to hole a FLEM Mark 1.5 in late September or early October, and then hold the "official" FLEM Mark II in late February. I need to get with Clandestiny to check on the availability of the meeting room in Orlando before I can nail down dates and times.

Adam

PS: Here's a couple teaser pictures to hold you doubters over...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC03001.jpg  

DSC03021.jpg  

Last edited by buffo; 08-22-2007 at 10:09.

PS: Here's a couple teaser pictures to hold you doubters over...

*** ATTENTION SELEM ATTENDEES ***

STAND DOWN / STAND DOWN

ALL THREE ITEMS HAVE BEEN CLAIMED

SELEM created a few left behind items that I now have in my possession and would like to return them too their owner.

Item 1) Black 80" power cord, computer type.

Item 2) 1 Gray Radio Shack phono cord male/female ends.

Item 3) 1 APC Surge Protector + Battey Backup (Stanley tape measure not included)

Would the rightful owner please step forward and PM your name and address, I will drop them in the mail ASAP.

Now who was complaining about not having any pictures

Cheers
    Kelly
    Last edited by Sway; 08-22-2007 at 13:35.