Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Selem !!!

OK Now that the unpacking is warranted...that is my junk. PM sent. Thanks a lot ! I was trying to pack up in the dark.......Thanks again !!!!!

BTW I am uploading 53 minutes of smoking hot video from SELEM. I will disclose the location when it is completed for veiwing. It is the whole Floyd show from DZ. Thanks for letting me see some of the key features of the QM2000 while I was there. I may have a few questions in a day or two. I really have not had time to play with the system. I hope that there is no problem with me showing the vids.......Thanks again David.
    Last edited by MechEng3; 08-22-2007 at 12:56.
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

<post retracted>..............................................
    Last edited by steve-o; 08-23-2007 at 04:27.

i've really enjoyed your posts stevo.
    come back anytime as far as i'm concerned.

Hey just dont leave.....I still build pointers. I like them. And it does have some of the roots of lasers for me and a lot of home made aspects. I liked the aspect of having a diverse group...all intrests there. I hope I have not said or done anything out of the way. I do my own thing and somewhat expect that from others. It makes us who we are......so bottom line unless you just hate lasers because of what someone has spoken........well I would just keep on doing my thing.

.02 for the day here.......
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Question

Damn man! What's up?

I thought we all had a good time. We didn't get to watch as much coherent light as I would have liked to but... these things tend to make their own shedules. I knew my projector wasn't going to do any shows. It will definatly do some shows next meet, thanks to spec, steve r, and especially dz.

I also thought this was an event where we were supposed to show are asses. I know I pulled my dumb ass out for all to see. Thank goodness the pictures haven't popped up... yet. You should have seen my girlfriend show her ass about my ex-girlfriend being there... Wanted to or there for a few minutes. We're all there to show off our creations and what we can do.

I'm sorry this wasn't what you were expecting, but what brought this on so suddenly? It looked like you had a good time a few posts ago? This was an event to get poeple of like minds together. We may like different aspects of the same hobby and gather in smaller groups with the same interests, but we were all there as laser enthusiasts. My idea of a good show would have been one of two graphic projectors and three or four beam projectors filling the whole auditorium and this will definatly be a goal for the next meet.

I hope you don't truly leave. Who am I going to chase for second in posts?

clandestiny is offline Eleventy-Billion Watt Ar/Kr >:)
    somewhere between orlando and san antonio

now were talking, how is it that both your current and ex girlfriend were at the meet?
    go big or go home

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by clandestiny View Post
    now were talking, how is it that both your current and ex girlfriend were at the meet?

My ex lives in Charlotte and hasn't seen me in a few years. She and my girlfriend took turns smacking me around.

Come on Steve-o, it is good to speak your mind, glad that you did but you better draw some asses in ms-paint and get over it I know you'll be back someday

OK - What did I miss?

Aaron, I don't remember you showing your ass.?. Though I guess I can see how having an ex-G/F present might have made your current g/f a tad uncomfortable. Hope that worked out OK though..? (I didn't see her swinging her purse at you, so maybe everything is cool now?) But seriously dude - I thought your guests were very cool. No one got out of control that I remember...

MechEng3;
    Did I say somthing wrong? I know you had to leave on Saturday... I hope my needling you to come back on Sunday wasn't taken the wrong way. I just didn't want you to miss out. (I know - I know... We all have jobs that take us away from our hobby - sigh...) I *did* enjoy watching your shows, and your projector is cool as hell. (It's what my projector wants to look like when it grows up!) Can't wait to see that thing running on Pangolin! I hope I didn't go overboard with my teasing about how you were going to miss Sunday's fun... (Don't forget, we still need to get together to swap video's and stuff. Maybe a trip to Columbia in a week or two?)

As far as the overall schedule of the event, or rather the lack of it - that is 100% my fault. Like the meeting in Florida, SELEM did not have any set schedule. I felt that it would be better that way, because not everyone likes the same things. Some folks like beams, some folks like graphics, and some folks like technical stuff. (And some of us like all three!) So with a loose schedule people were free to split into smaller groups that could be doing different things at the same time. Of course, it did make it hard to work on electronics while we had the lights off for the laser shows... Maybe that was a mistake?

I do think I was a bit over-ambitious. I might have had too many things scheduled. For example, if I had left my argon laser at home, we would have had time for more galvo tuning on Sunday, and would have also had time for more laser shows on Sunday as well. (I can't believe what a massive job that turned into! Thanks to *everyone* that helped out with the HGM 5 surgery...)

Another one of the things we didn't get to do is to watch Bill and Hayden perform a show using Live! Pro... I really want to do that next time. (They're supposed to be *really* good at it.) I had hoped to get some music playing and then let everyone "play along" to the music using whatever live player they had... We did do some of this very late on Saturday, when Johnathan set up his DJ computer and got the dance music playing, but it was getting late and some folks had already left by then.

I dunno - what do you guys think? Should we have a more rigid schedule next time? Something like "graphics shows from 9 to 1", and "scanner tuning from 2 to 5"? I can certainly try to lay out a timeline for the next event if you think it will help. I didn't do it this time because I just felt that these meetings end up changing and evolving as they happen, and I didn't feel that a schedule would be all that usefull for a small group like this. But I'm open to your suggestions...

Don't get me wrong - I had a *blast* at SELEM... I was ready to do it all over again the very next day. But that doesn't mean that it can't be made better. So if you've got some thoughts, let's hear them!

Adam

PS: For the record, Clandestiny is officially off the hook for missing SELEM. He sent me a picture of him standing next to the person that booked the gig he was involved with in Memphis that week. Yup, none other than Priscilla Presley. (!) And wow does she look incredible. I originally thought it was Shirley Manson (lead singer for Garbage), because she had red hair and looked *very* young. (Priscilla Presley is 62...) So hat's off to Paul for what I'm sure was a hell of a laser show. You missed SELEM 2007, but you no doubt had a great time anyway. (Did you happen to get Priscilla's number?)

OK -M'y bad
    Adam, I went on a rant.
    \: end of rant.
    Most of you guys are the tops.
    I've learned a lot here and just 'cause I'm not into Pangolin and wall-shows, this is alot better than other laser forums.
    See Ya