Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Selem !!!

Thanks Allthat

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Basically to the eye, it looked like a 4 to 1 ratio for brightness
    The red in the RGB laser in my avatar has a 660nm at almost 400mW, and the RGY on the left has a 115mW 635nm in it. They looked very similar in brightness with a reasonable amount of haze in the room, but when I really fogged it up, the 660nm seemed to cut through it better than the 635nm.
    It's a tighter beam on the 660nm, but the additional power must also help it to punch it's way through.

Good point!...............................

Maybe David can chime in here with more details...
    yeah, actually the video seems to be from the first "test". Prior to the test I measured the output of both projectors by displaying one of the red only abstracts and setting the image size to zero. 660nm measured in at 389mW, 635nm measured in at 54mW. Now, I agree that the 635nm abstract was slightly less bright than the 660nm abstract, however I could not tell a difference in color between them. On the second test, I turned off my fully balanced pallette and measured 124mW of 635nm and 389mW of 660nm. On the second showing, to me the 635nm abstract appeared much brighter and you could tell a difference in color. Anyway, I would definately like to spend more time on this so we will have to do a retest at FLEM 1.5.

By the way, Buffo, hows the HGM project going?

Cool General musings, and SELEM VIDEO!

Hi David;

The HGM is on hold at the moment; I wanted to get my QM-2000 board hooked up and running but I needed to re-wire my ilda port first. I started re-wiring my projector to the correct standard last week but rapidly ran into a snag called "work". The bastards called me in to cover some vacation, so I've got wires laying all over the living room right now. (Would you believe I *STILL* haven't unpacked everything from SELEM yet.?.) Been busy as hell here. (I've also been working on the SELEM videos, remember...) Tonight I finally finished the wiring from the port to the terminal strip, but I still need to wire the innards to the other end of the terminal strip and them mount everything...

I should finish the projector tomorrow, and then I can unpack the rest of my gear. This weekend I hope to have some time to work on the HGM 5, but I also need to look at my son's car and see if I can replace the rod bearings without pulling the motor. Sigh... There's always something going on!

BTW - I managed to put together a good number of clips of the video I shot on Day 1 of SELEM 2007. They're all up on the ftp server, in the SELEM 2007 directory. Go have a look!

Steve-O; remember how I promised you beamshows? Well, the video isn't the greatest, but it's there! Plenty of beamshow video. Be sure to check out the mirrored ball effect. It looks so cool, I'm actually thinking about buying one for myself!

Also, there's a video clip called "3 watt green". That's the cigarette lighting video we were talking about earlier. (Kids, *DON'T* try this at home... Dangerous as hell.) I still can't believe Johnathan refused my goggles for that stunt! But it did light the sucker...

Adam

replace the rod bearings without pulling the motor
    Damn, Adam You got a full plate or what??
    I have never even attempted bottom-end work on an engine. Messy, time consuming and difficult crap in addition to knuckle-busting and aggravating Can you get somebody else to do it? Pulling a clutch was about it for me.(back in the day) I Dont do anything any more except air filter and oil chg. Well, I did replace front rotors a couple of months ago..
    Lets take a vote: (a) Adam works on son's car, or
    (b) Adam works on laser vids
    Last edited by steve-o; 08-29-2007 at 04:10.

Talking

You'd figure Danny could work on his own car...

Quote Originally Posted by Buffo View Post
    BTW - I managed to put together a good number of clips of the video I shot on Day 1 of SELEM 2007. They're all up on the ftp server, in the SELEM 2007 directory. Go have a look!

this could be the ftw server as far a i am able to find it

not the gallery.
    how do i find this?

Quote Originally Posted by steve-o View Post
    Damn, Adam You got a full plate or what??
    I have never even attempted bottom-end work on an engine. Messy, time consuming and difficult crap in addition to knuckle-busting and aggravating
    Ugh - tell me about it. I signed the car over to Dan a month ago. Evidently the oil filter worked itself loose about two weeks ago. He figured out later on that it had been leaking oil for about a week or so. (Friends noticed oil under his parking spot, etc...) He either didn't notice or didn't do anything about it. Then he gets the low oil light while driving. He says he pulled into a gas station right away, but I think he actually drove for a couple miles. Anyway, the oil level was off the dipstick low when he checked it. He put 4 quarts in it (it holds 3.8 quarts, so yeah - it was empty), started it up, and SHIT! It's got a rod knock when you rev it up. So... I'm hoping I can pull the oil pan and get at the rod caps without pulling the engine. If so, I might be able to save it with some emery cloth and a new set of bearings. If not, I'm not going to bother trying to pull the engine out. Too much work (front wheel drive and all). But then I've got to help him get another car, so that's why I'm keen to fix this one if I can.
    Can you get somebody else to do it?
    I could, but it wouldn't be worth the labor charge. The car is a 91 Geo Prizm with nearly 200K miles. No point in spending a lot of cash on it, really. But if I can fix the rod knock, he'll be able to get a couple more years out of the car easy. (It ran great otherwise, and everything else works.)
    Lets take a vote: (a) Adam works on son's car, or
    (b) Adam works on laser vids
    Well, the laser videos are done - at least for now. But I've got other laser-related work to finish. Saddly though, the car needs to be evaluated first. I'm hoping that I can effect a quick fix that will buy the car another couple years of life... Wish me luck!
    Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    You'd figure Danny could work on his own car...
    Aaron;

Yeah, well, Dan has never been one to pay a lot of attention when I was working on the cars - or the boat for that matter. I rebuilt the 4.3 in my boat back in 2001; had the engine in my garrage over the winter. Dan wasn't interested. Sigh... COme to think of it, neither one of my boys is really interested in that sort of thing. Then again, cars these days are a lot harder to work on, so maybe they've got a point. I dunno...
    Quote Originally Posted by wes View Post
    this could be the ftw server as far a i am able to find it
    Oh come on, Wes! Use the forum search function! Ok - I'll help you out this time...

HOST: ftp.ildaswap.net
    LOGIN: ilda
    PASSWORD: swap
    Passive mode: DISABLED

Cruch has been hosting the server for us for quite some time now. I thought you knew about it already as it's been referenced in several other posts. But now you know! The videos are in the meet and greet folder, under SELEM 2007.

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 08-29-2007 at 12:04.

Hey! It worked Nice vids!
    I'll have to watch 'em all this weekend-
    (I'm actually supposed to be working right now..)

I hear you there, Steve-O. I'm supposed to be working too, but I decided to check in here and answer messages. (I don't know what I'd do without an Internet connection at work... Probably get more work done! )

Adam

PS: Anyone check out the 3 watt green video yet? Tell me that isn't just a little bit unnerving... I also *really* like the music that is playing at the begining of the EDMaudience clip. I don't know who sings it though. Need to check with Johnathan about that.