Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Selem !!!

Steve-O
    I'm not really into "wall shows" either. Much rather see beams slicing through the air.May I sugest you get an analogue live desk to play with? Much more fun than using a PC.

<deleted>
    Steve, I don't know what I did to warrant this. I kinda though you and I got along quite well at the event. Care to elaborate?

<deleted>
    You know, I saw plenty of those folks at SELEM. Take me for example, the projector I have is a culmination of 13 years and 8 previous projectors to "invent" the one I currently have. And, the effects projector that I brought, did that not look completely like a do-it-yourself kinda projector?

I don't know what to say, I was completely shocked to have read this post last night, much of it deleted now except for what I've reposted...
    Last edited by DZ; 08-23-2007 at 15:54.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Dude, I thought you had the best technology there in many ways, the compact argon supply using 337s was genius, as was the relays, so WTF?

please remember my comments about your stuff on the mirror ball.

BTW, I dont drink cause my family has a horrible history of NOT being able to handle it, ask me in private some time about the number of times I've had to disarm a family member (both mom and dad) when I was a teenager, so if that stiff baptist no party attitude makes me a ^%$#, so what. The alternative aint so pretty. One thing you gotta know about us engineer types, we're always on duty regardless of if we like it or not, and we all contain little frustrated teachers. There are lots of ways to have fun. Besides my BP meds are bad enough without the alcohol mix, in my case it could be lethal.

stay around Steve-O

Steve

Well I deleted the quotes in the post above, perhaps it was in poor taste for me to repost what he retracted. I hate the see the melt down like that, I though just about everyone had a good time. I know I did. Well steve-o if I offended you in any way I apologize. Hate to see you not come back to this forum as we have a pretty darn good group of folks here from around the world. Best of luck to you.

Lightbulb

Well, to get this back on track, I started capturing the video I took. Should be about 3+ hours of Saturday. It is all "screen" graphics though really. That and a lot of "Crap" set up and our conversations. May have to get a waiver signed by everyone so I can upload it...

Steve-o, if you don't want that software/dongle, sell it on eBay and think about what quazar said about the analog box. I wish we sould have hooked up "guy's" while we were there. The software you got is worth a couple to a few hundred. It should be able to fund a nice chunk of the rest of a beam box projector.

Adam, I showed my dumb ass by bringing my projector... It was my dumbass that wired the thing in the first place. and everything was cool by Sunday morning with the girlfriend; Saturday night when I got back to the Trott House was a little rough for a while... but I survived.

Exclamation

OK guys and gals....here is the vid.
    Link..................http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...46001148&hl=en

Thank you DZ for allowing us to check it out. If there are any problems in showing this I will promptly remove it. Sorry for the quality. My cam is not the best of and it had to be converted to mpeg after it was digitised. I think that is where things got a little fuzzy. It is a long one so be warned!!
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Cool

Cool! Something for me to do until I get to leave work. Then I can go home and work on my SELEM video... Maybe you can watch mine while you are at work.

I am sure yours is of better quality........my cam is old and has spots burned in th CCD. Dunno from what..........
    You are the only one that can make your dreams come true....and the only one that can stop them...A.M. Dietrich

Lightbulb

Heh, mine has many more pixels burnt... and you know what from. One tip though... Turn off auto focus. That is the big lesson we learned from FLEM.

Everyone,
    I don’t know what to say. Sometimes I’m just not right. Apologies to Steve and Dave; you are both great guys, and anyone else I’ve offended. The non-drinker comment wasn’t even meant for you Steve, I think you’re brilliant and Dave, yes your projector was a work of art. I’ll go lurk in the shadows for a while, now. Sorry Y’all for that post. I was having a bad night. You can ask my wife how I get sometimes. She’ll attest to the fact that I probably need professional help..heh..