Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: A man made tragedy for all humanity

... we have a new term for this, called "filter bubbles" -- that's when more and more people only get the infos/news they want to hear

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... we have a new term for this, called "filter bubbles" -- that's when more and more people only get the infos/news they want to hear

Viktor
    And many of us refuse to believe that our information streams have been infiltrated with propaganda from our enemies all over the world.

In fact our elections and government processes have been under constant attack since before any of us can remember.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

... the USA was one of the first countries to introduce "information warfare" as a legitimate means of achieving its foreign policy goals ... they must have lost sight of this and been overtaken in this by their competitors

Viktor
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... the USA was one of the first countries to introduce "information warfare" as a legitimate means of achieving its foreign policy goals ... they must have lost sight of this and been overtaken in this by their competitors

Viktor
    Information Warfare dates back to before Henry the VIII, if not back to BC... Lets the real takeoff to be the day after Gutenberg's patent, is the day it really started to influence beyond the local area of a given regent.
    If your persnickety, it is invented the day after Caveman Ogg figured out how to do lithography on stone with papyrus.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 01-07-2021 at 12:24.
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

It becomes a real problem when all of our intelligence agencies acknowledge that our elections are being subverted by hostile foreign powers but since it is to the benefit of the party in charge it is dismissed as fake news.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

... but it has only become "mature" with the super-fast and unlimited spread of "manipulable information" via the Internet

Viktor

We can't really blame our enemies for being adversarial. That's what they do.

We have to blame ourselves for allowing it to erode our social discourse.

We have the resources to identify false information and eliminate it from our media.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials

I'm sick of hearing all the false equivalencies. Both parties are not the same. If that was true, we'd see the tv clown sit in front of congress and answer questions under oath for 11 hours. Or see it, again under oath, in a deposition. No, they're far from being anything like "the same".

And where are the few who promoted the election of the tv clown here now? Where are they to justify all the good that's been done for the country the past four years? How's our standing in the world? What's the state of the union now? Review the Hillary thread, appropriately in the Toxic Waste Dump. John Lennon said it well: "One thing you can't hide ...".

I'm beyond disgusted with all the trumptards believing they are the only patriotic Americans. Patriotic Americans don't support a president who attempted insurrection.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials