Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help, images look really bad...

Quote Originally Posted by allthatwhichis View Post
    Adam, I have the Scanpro 30s that do have the DB9 connectors,
    CRAP! You're right - I forgot about that. I was looking at your projector at SELEM too! Guess I got you confused with MechEng 3 (or DZ) for a minute there. Sorry about that. (I told you that these 18 hour shifts were killing me!)

Sure sounds like a cable problem though, expecially since it moved from the X to the Y axis when you swapped them. I'll bet Dave and Aijii can hook you up. Strange though; their cables are exceptionally robust. I'm really surprized that you had one go bad. (Any chance they got knocked around, either on the trip up to NC or on the way home?)

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 08-22-2007 at 09:32.

Hey Allthat, is it just the input cable from the DB-25 ILDA connector? If you sent me that cable I'm sure I could have it fixed in 10 minutes. Or if I knew what type of connector you had on the end of it I could make up a replacement. You don't ever go through jax do you?

Lightbulb

I think it is the cable from the amp to the galvo but am not sure. Now that I look at the picture I took last night I might be wrong altogether. Here...

I think the overshot lines are still in the same direction, the distortion of the circle and the up and down lines of the green box, making it a galvo issue, but I'm low man on the experience totem here...

Lightbulb

Bueller... Bueller... Bueller... Anyone...

I swapped amp to galvo cables and no change, and when I change ilda to amp cables the orientation of the image changes but not the lines that are messed up...

Thanks david. I'm not sure where the issue lies yet. When I say ilda I mean from the plug on the back of the projector to the scanner amp. I'm starting to think it may be the y galvo.
    Last edited by allthatwhichis; 08-23-2007 at 04:32.

Ack, I hate to say it, but if you swapped the amp to galvo cables and the overshoot stayed in the same direction, then I think somethings up with the amp. It could be as simple as a loose solder connection, or as bad as something blown out.

I could be wrong & I hope I am, but that's what it sounds like. Dave should have a better idea though

Lightbulb

Yea, dave said I will need to send them back. One more thing wrong with my projector. At least I have a set of the scanco 20s I can put in it until these get back. No graphic shows but maybe I can run a few beams and the osilliscope to hold me over.

So what's up man? Haven't seen you around for a while. What kind of set up are you running now?

Most of my kit is in pieces now. I decided I really want analog now that I have a FB3, so I'm trying to rebuild stuff. I wanted to make my own analog drivers but haven't had a lot of luck. At this point I'm sorely tempted to just plop down $$ for some lasers that already have analog, but money is a little tight these days.

The problem seems to be related to the power cable. We had that problem at SELEM and I am not sure it was ever resolved...

If you bring the projector to Pangolin, we can "scope it" and make a new cable.

Best regards,

William Benner

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by ajohnson30 View Post
    Most of my kit is in pieces now. I decided I really want analog now that I have a FB3, so I'm trying to rebuild stuff. I wanted to make my own analog drivers but haven't had a lot of luck. At this point I'm sorely tempted to just plop down $$ for some lasers that already have analog, but money is a little tight these days.
    But don't you still want to watch it until you get analog lasers?

Quote Originally Posted by Pangolin View Post
    The problem seems to be related to the power cable. We had that problem at SELEM and I am not sure it was ever resolved...

If you bring the projector to Pangolin, we can "scope it" and make a new cable.

Best regards,

William Benner
    Thanks Bill! I may take you up on this Monday and return Paul's amps too.

WOW! How's that for customer service? Bill didn't even sell you those galvos, Dave and Aijii did. Pretty cool that Bill is willing to troubleshoot the cable for you though! (I know that Dave also said you could return them to him for repair, but if Pangolin can fix the problem that's a lot closer - and quicker!)

Cool deal!

Adam