Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help, images look really bad...

Question Help, images look really bad...

When I got home from SELEM last night my green was looking more light a flashlight than a laser, turned out to be the lense. It had screwed itself back far enough to mess us the focus. Took me a little while to figure that out. But for a while I just used the red an blue. I had to adjust the dichros a little when i first fired it up and the test pattern at the setings I left with looked fine; even with the green flashlight going it still scanned great. After I adjusted the green's lense back to where it belonged I opened the test patter to align it as I needed to take the green dichro off the breadboard.

This is what the test pattern looks like now...

This is at 23%, which is what I think hayden said 8 degrees should be...

Can anyone suggest what might have happened? I didn't see any majic blue smoke or anything, no scanners screaming...

HELP!!! please...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

x looks ok, however y looks a bit sick - massive overshoot
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Question

Ok, what might cause that? and what might solve it?

I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago with a new set of DT-40's, turned out to be a dodgy cable (amp -> scanner)

That reminds me I must drop Jian a mail....

HTH

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by p1t8ull View Post
    I had exactly the same problem a couple of weeks ago with a new set of DT-40's, turned out to be a dodgy cable (amp -> scanner)

That reminds me I must drop Jian a mail....

HTH
    We did think I had a problem with the Y cable at SELEM. IT had not acted up since I go home. I meant to ask dave... "How can I go about getting a new cable"? We suspected the cable from the PSU and ILDA plug to the scanner amp though.

Thanks man!

Do you have both connectors screwed really well into both the amps and the scanners?

A replacement cable shouldn't be too much of a issue to obtain for you, just let me know if you really need it.
    KVANT Australian projector sales
    https://www.facebook.com/kvantaus/

Lasershowparts- Laser Parts at great prices
    https://www.facebook.com/lasershowparts/

Cool

Dave;

Unlike the ScanPro 30 galvos that you sell, the cables on the DT-40's do not have the metal 9-pin D connectors with the screws to hold them in place. The cable on a DT-40 is just a flat sliding plastic connector that fits over a single row of pins. It's easy to mess it up if you're not careful. (I ruined one a while back on my DT-40 pro set and had to send the set back to Jian to get it fixed.)

Aaron:

I suggest you send Jian a PM and ask him how much a set of cables will cost. (My guess is, not very much.) Sounds like it would be a good idea to replace them all to remove any doubt - especially considering the flaky errors you were getting on the last day of SELEM. Maybe you've got a few cables that are going bad...

Adam

Lightbulb

Adam, I have the Scanpro 30s that do have the DB9 connectors, and yes dave, they are connected well. I'm not sure how to test to make sure that is the issue though. When I get home from work I will swap cables out to see if the x does it when connected using that cable. I'll post pictures as I'll probably make the wrong assumption.

Well damn... imageshack is crapping and I can't log into the gallery... I can't post the picture of the test with the wires swapped. Looks very similar just rotated 90 degrees. I assume that means it is a cable and not a scanner or amp. The Wimamp plug in works fine though.

If all the overshoot is now on the x axis and the y is tight, then yeah it sounds like the cable is fooked.