Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: rabbit in the moon show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Laser View Post
    I suppose that won't be so bad for beamshows, but you have to make sure your scanner mirrors are large enough to hold that fat red beam.

It can be compressed by beam expender in reverse to fit onto 3mm galvo.
    Also with tweaking you can get ok beam @ 20 meters. I've done just that.
    yeah,that'ssomething i've learned since i've been here.
    i guess i was posting the trade idea out of frustration.
    now that things are looking up with work for the cubr,i'm happy.
    i would have lost a lot trading for a small rgb.
    more colors yeah but i would have missed hauling this hulk around

Quote Originally Posted by chad View Post
    club owners... They don't throw parties for "the love of the scene" they want to make money so they can buy the hottest new sneakers, and be pimpin'.
    Not always true. I run my own club, but I'm also the laser guy. You would not believe how much this simplifies everything.

There's always someone who comes to the club that wants to to hire me to do other shows, but unless it's for a good cause, I usually don't want to, so I quote ridiculously high prices to price myself out of it. All the better for my club!

I will say this about owner/promoters: to be successful, the most valuable skill is to be able to feel-out the absolute minimum you can pay for stuff. Whether bands, DJs, VJs, equipment, FX, (whatever), a promoter just wants to get the most for the money.

This is true for me, but it's not because I want pimpin' sneakers. In fact, I pay myself nothing. Every dime we make over expenses is held onto so we can use it to hire better bands, better DJs, dancers, lasers, etc, and just put on better shows in general.

Not all promoters see it this way though (needless to say).

You are correct there are a handful good people out there. I have just been screwed too many times.

I imagine that it is MUCH easier for you. I am guessing you are the sound guy, lighting guy, laser guy. You don't have to convince your self that you need something. and then watch yourself recoil in horror at the price. lol

chad

When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

well,i got everything ironed out w/ the promoter,and have reached a long term agreement.
    here are some of the shows i'll be doing this fall/winter-

RABBIT IN THE MOON
    GREEN VELVET
    DERRICK CARTER
    DJ SNEAK

Just remember, with EDM shows things are flakey, not so much because the promoter but because the talents riders give them more power than they should have. If the promoter has never have a RITM live show before then he is in for a big surprise, it cost 20 grand to bring em but another 20 grand or more to meet the technical specs of the contract, the problem is, no where in the RITM contract does it request a laser so in order to cut cost you could see your show getting pulled off the roster, get a contract and deposit. Its the only way to protect your self. Take my word for it, 90% of my shows are EDM

Quote Originally Posted by dream beamz View Post
    Just remember, with EDM shows things are flakey, not so much because the promoter but because the talents riders give them more power than they should have. If the promoter has never have a RITM live show before then he is in for a big surprise, it cost 20 grand to bring em but another 20 grand or more to meet the technical specs of the contract, the problem is, no where in the RITM contract does it request a laser so in order to cut cost you could see your show getting pulled off the roster, get a contract and deposit. Its the only way to protect your self. Take my word for it, 90% of my shows are EDM
    yeah,she is up to 30k and has every thing the rider requires except one keyboard.
    she knows what she's doing and has great backing.
    they are dumping much funds into what will become the priemer edm venue in town.
    up till today we still had a less expensive laser as an option as she watched presale figures.
    she's comfortable now and today confirmed us for the three watt cubr.
    i've been doing shows in this scene(portland) four years now and she is the real deal.
    Last edited by wes; 09-20-2007 at 12:45.