Thread: Casustics from a laser passing through standing waves formed on a liquid lens

Laser Warning Casustics from a laser passing through standing waves formed on a liquid lens

Always searching for new techniques for generating laser lumia I went down a rabbit hole searching for novel ways of generating caustics as well as the construction of liquid lenses.

My search led me to a project of an individual who was using a micro controllers PWM signal sent to an amplifier to drive a speaker upon which he placed a shallow cup with about an inch of water and a mirror placed at the bottom. Sending sine waves through the speaker would generate standing waves on the surface of the water, and he would then pass a laser through what was now essentially a liquid lens, causing it to pass through twice (once when it enters, and once when it leaves) and in the process generating some truly organic lumia.
    Pretty novel technique, Ive never seen anything similar.
    I'm looking forward to recreating this setup and instead of simple red use a 3w RGB laser with some nice melty abstracts.

<br>
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2019-01-14+01.18.15.jpg  

2019-01-15+04.41.05.jpg