Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: laser flickering

Okay. I'd understand if they made a run at the light show business after bring out the 6200 series (Why not? They already did the engineering. And yes, you need ceramic bearings? No problem!), but I wouldn't to sell into the laser light show market today either.
    "There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

Quote Originally Posted by larrenzy View Post
    I need help sorting out the flickering from my laser while projecting, I understand that projecting a simple picture with minimal stops help, how do I go about with a picture more complex? Thank you.
    It is interesting no one asked what kind of software is running and what the settings are? The software/hardware could be set at a low point output rate. Most software you can just tell to go faster. Your image will start to degrade but the flicker will diminish. Sometimes the software is setup with really conservative output settings that actually add points and such to corners and jumps.

And yes the others are correct. Scan speed is the biggest culprit as most of the projectors out there have scanners that do about 15kpps or so. You either have to redo your images to work with that handicap or you can upgrade to better scanners. JonYaYas had a good point about reducing the scan angle. Those same projectors are usually setup to have rather large scan angles. Using a smaller angle (make the picture smaller) will allow the scanners to do a better job. But first look at all of your options first especially at the software settings as that is where your limit starts.

Maybe you could post your software/hardware you are using. Also if you have an example laser image (ILD format?) that is giving you trouble we could offer some advice.

Yes you are right. The biggest culprit is scan speed which is based on the number of points in the image, the blanking points and path, scan angle, point spacing etc... that is all the software. I apologize for jumping straight to the hardware. I just really like the new scanners and they reduced flicker a lot for me when I switched over. Yes look at the optimization of the image first.

so what software are you using. Maybe post an example file we can look at and examine these aspects.