Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New forum

Talking New forum

Not that i dont like this forum or anything, i just wanted to share about a new forum that i am helping out.

its about lasers, obviously. http://www.spectraforum.com/phpBB2/index.php

we try to hold many giveaways and contests, and so far weve given away 2 wicked lasers classics. btw, they werent 15mw like they were supposed to be, they were 206mw peak, then down to 100mw, and the other was 150mw peak, then after 30 seconds it was 50mw. so they were pretty nutz lasers!

anyway i was hoping that some of you were interested in joining this new forum. we have nearly 200 members, and have posted almost 2000 articles. weve been running for over a month now as well.

our next contest is going to be held sometime soon, maybe before september, but if not, sometime in september.

were still deciding what to give away for that contest, and its going to be way better then a classic whatever it is.

anyway, thanks for letting me post this, i know it might be a bit innapropriate since youre a forum about lasers too and stuff like that.

thanks.

http://www.spectraforum.com/phpBB2/index.php

You really meant it when you said you were going to post it everywhere!
    CLICKY!!!

Admin: In the immortal words of Captain Planet: YOU HAVE THE POWER
    Admin: (To quit being a bitch)

ya i figured it would help. i also figured that you would post it here but i guess you didnt.

You should also post it on the new board in case anyone over there doesn't know about it.

whats the new board? where?

Lightbulb

No offence man, but I am not going to a site that was referred by a turd...
    Love, peace, and grease,

allthat... aka: aaron@pangolin

I went I saw and I'm back.......

Wonder what they mean by "the truly free place to discuss lasers" I havent got a bill here yet..... Mien Gott !!! maybe all that help Buffo and others have been giving me is on a charge account just building up before he sends the account .

Anyway, seriously good luck with the forum guys but I'm happy here with our group hard to imagine you could duplicate or better what is here.

Cheers

Ray
    NZ

Quote Originally Posted by laserterd View Post
    whats the new board? where?

ummm... http://www.spectraforum.com/phpBB2/index.php

he's jokin' on ya.
    gotta admit though,your response to it is funnier than the original joke.

Well they have very in depth '"advanced laser discussions" on burning things..

nahhh I'm staying here!!

Thumbs down Underwhelmed by SpectraForum.com

Sheesh!

Some guy by the handle "maser" puts up a post trying to explain how ruby lasers work. First, he doesn't know the difference between a flashlight and a flashlamp. (Hint: if English isn't your primary language and you're trying to explain something technical, you better double and triple-check your volcabulary before you post.) But then he really goes off into left field. (Calls the output coupler an AR mirror? WTFBBQ?)

LaserBen manages to correct the most egregious mistakes in a follow-up post, but the original poster is clearly no expert on the subject and really had no business posting what he probably thought would end up being a sticky post on ruby lasers. If this is any indication of the "talent" on the board, I think I'll stick with PhotonLexicon. Why re-invent the wheel?

Adam