Thread: Hawaii

Default Hawaii

Dose any body know about laser laws in Hawaii?
    Wife and I just bought Acreage land on the big Island and be taking my laser show with me!

Default Back from hawaii

Good news about Hawaii and laser shows.
    They have now laser state laws on out door laser shows, no show notice, no state show or projector variance. No fees to pay.
    The only thing we had to do was give notice to the FAA

Quote Originally Posted by Lasertize View Post
    Good news about Hawaii and laser shows.
    They have now laser state laws on out door laser shows, no show notice, no state show or projector variance. No fees to pay.
    Note that there has never been a "state variance" for shows or projectors. That has always been a federal requirement through the CDRH.

Florida used to have a state laser registry, but it was nothing more than a list of equipment. It hasn't been enforced in decades. (Also, it was for the individual laser sources, not the projector as a whole.)

New York and Arizona have special requirements for the people who operate a laser projector, but again, this doesn't apply to the hardware.

The only thing we had to do was give notice to the FAA
    Just don't forget the CDRH. They always have authority over the show (requiring a laser light show variance, 3 meter rule, no crowd scanning, etc) and the hardware (projector must be certified compliant under a laser product manufacturer's variance, etc).

Adam

Default Adam

Yes Addam I’m fully aware of the federal laws regarding to projectors show variances Faa stuff
    I am an LSO my self, I will always practice safe laser shows whether the laws existed or not,, such as yourself I know the power of the laser very well and apply that to everyone. I don’t need an audience with one remaining eye to view my laser show Productions.
    I do find it odd that the only laws on lasers in Hawaii are based on the handheld or laser pointer and medical applications. I am the only production of laser show on the big island of Hawaii. I don’t know about the rest of the islands.
    Hawaii seems to be in a third world type state of operation and probably should do some catch up.
    I’m certainly not going to give them any reason by being an idiot to change or adopt law changes for laser shows. I set my safety bar high any way on my shows, nor do I want to set a bad example for others to follow. FDACDHR requires 3 m, mine is 6 m.
    Some of the Hawaiians are not to friendly so I leave no room for idiot possibilities.