Thread: Pangolin / Neo-Neon flashback 3 SE card info needed

Default Pangolin / Neo-Neon flashback 3 SE card info needed

i got some pangolin / neo-neon flashback 3 SE cards with DMX and USB extension cards.
    on the sticker with the serial number it says NeoNeon CR and NeoNeon PRO

i tried connecting these to quickshow (just with the USB cable) but there was no response.
    is it needed to connect a separate 5V power supply or is the 5V USB power supply enough?
    also no lights turn on on the card when connecting to USB

also i read there was a special software from neoneon for these cards.

anyone that could provide me with a link to the software or more info on these cards?

"There are painters who transform the sun into a yellow spot, but there are others who, with the help of their art and their intelligence, transform a yellow spot into the sun." Pablo Picasso

The SE required a separate 5V feed although a jumper could be added to the board headers to take its power from USB.
    I may have a picture of my old one around somewhere, or it could even be in an old post on the forum.

Edit: yes I've found an old pic, but getting them from my phone to forum is a pain. Message me via my FB page in my signature and I can send it to you. Essentially on the USB daughter board there are 2 brass header holes off to the side of the USB socket (opposite side to the status LEDs)
    If you plug in USB and meter these you should see 5vdc. I just soldered in a 2 pin header and that meant i could easily remove the bridge if i wanted to run on external power (back in the days when I was thinking about using the SD card for standalone play)
    Probably not needed these days.
    Last edited by norty303; 03-29-2021 at 05:32.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

There is a jumper on the USB board what You have to shorten for USB powered operation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG-2109.jpg