Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 9151617181920 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    There will be no mask-shaming at SELEM, so if you want to wear a mask, feel free to do so. Of course, we will also have hand sanitizer available in multiple locations.
    Thank you Adam, I too will be wearing a mask at 'closer encounters' indoors. The Delta variant is very serious and very concerning to us. Vaccinated people can easily get infected with the Delta variant, have little or no symptoms, and still spread it to others.

Also, if you're talking with me and I step back a couple of feet, that's not because you have bad breath or I don't like you, it's because I'm trying to maintain a slightly bigger "social distance" if we aren't wearing our masks at that particular time.

I was at a car show event recently and this one guy who's known to be, well, I won't get into it, kept talking to me close-up and I kept stepping back a couple of feet, but every moment, he'd step with me and be right back in my face. Don't be that guy!

Quote Originally Posted by cfavreau View Post
    Is it possible to get a meal plan for the week? I have a few food allergies and would like to be prepared if I can. If not, no big deal. I can chicken wing it. Thanks!
    Get with Brad as soon as you arrive and tell him about your allergies. Then come find me and remind me as well.

Also, make sure you bring TWO epi-pens with you. I am an EMT, and I'm perfectly willing to "assist" you in administering your own epi (which I will happily do even if you are unconscious), but I am legally forbidden from having my own to share. (Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but better to be prepared just in case!)

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    Get with Brad as soon as you arrive and tell him about your allergies. Then come find me and remind me as well.

Also, make sure you bring TWO epi-pens with you. I am an EMT, and I'm perfectly willing to "assist" you in administering your own epi (which I will happily do even if you are unconscious), but I am legally forbidden from having my own to share. (Let's hope it doesn't come to that, but better to be prepared just in case!)

Adam
    Adam,

Thanks! I will talk with you and Brad on Sunday. I think we will be good. My son (that is coming along) has the more serious allergies (but are less common foods) and will have 2 epi-pens and a handful of benadryl. It will be easy to work out.

Thanks again,
    Chris F.

I saw the "when are you arriving post" is there a place on the forum we can discuss if people are driving by (from) PHL or BWI and could give rides to Newark? Completely selfish request as I'm wondering if I can get a ride with someone to Newark Sunday around 1pm and back to PHL airport Tuesday around 4-4:30pm. My original transport plan did not work out.

-Nisha
    ...Coherent Creativity...

Adam,

Thanks! I will talk with you and Brad on Sunday. I think we will be good. My son (that is coming along) has the more serious allergies (but are less common foods) and will have 2 epi-pens and a handful of benadryl. It will be easy to work out.

Thanks again,
    Chris F.
    I also have an assortment of food allergies, and will be prepared with a stock of epi-pens (and glucagon too). Better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Is it possible to get a meal plan for the week? I have a few food allergies and would like to be prepared if I can. If not, no big deal. I can chicken wing it. Thanks!
    Welll... rather loosely based around the following: We had to use the case of chicken I bought for Monday for todays event so.... not sure about my back up plan yet.

Mon Lunch - Pork BBQ, Baked Beans, Coleslaw,

Mon Dinner - Herb Roasted Chicken, green beans, roasted red bliss

Tues Lunch - Cajun Tilapia, mashed potatoes, broccoli,

Tues Dinner - Garden Salad, Pork Italiano, au gratin potatoes,

Wed Lunch - Sausage & Peppers, potato salad

Wed Dinner - Greek Salad, Moussaka,

Thurs Lunch - Meatballs, Baked Penne

Thurs Dinner - Spring Mix Salad, Chicken Monterray, Teriyaki Salmon ?, Rice pilaf, Tuscany Blend, Tortellini Alfredo, Ice Cream Bar
    PM Sent...

On my way to Newton
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Quote Originally Posted by rns0504 View Post
    On my way to Newton
    Hopefully not Newton-Conover!

For the few people who bought one of my ILDAC-32 units, first—thank you! Second, if you have one with a white tape band, that’s one of the first run V0.0 units. I’d like to trade that with you for one of the newer V0.1 units I have here. (Both versions operate exactly the same.)

I need to do some more testing and I don’t want to hack up the newer board to do it. So I’d like to send you this unit in a pouch with a free return shipping label. If interested, please PM me with your mailing address and I’ll send it out tomorrow. Thanks.

Had an amazing time at SELEM this year! Loved the venue!
    Thank you Adam this all started with you.

Really looking forward to next year.

There was a discussion about setting up a location to upload pictures. Would love to see what everyone has.