Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by telmnstr View Post
    Firrrst!

I'm going. Shirt size XL

Interesting! Coming from the DC area, this is closer!

You may have been the first to reply to the thread, but not the first to pay the entry fee.

Yea baby!

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post

NOTE: We are not allowed to bring our own alcohol into the building. There will be a cash bar open from 7PM-Midnight on Wednesday and Thursday night.

I can't emphasize this enough as it's my only true concern. I know SELEM isn't necessarily a big drinking event but, I (We) don't want to do anything to jeopardize our ability to come back and use the facility in the future. As far as the bar, there are 8 beers on draught as well as several bottled varieties, 9 or more types of wine, and a full line of spirits. Prices are reasonable at $4 for beer, $5 for wine and $6 for mixed with pure alcohol drinks like martinis being $8. ~Brad
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 04-18-2021 at 03:37.
    PM Sent...

Sending payment now, short drive for me is a nice bonus

Stoked for a live show too!

Looking forward to another great event!

Thanks to Buffo and Bradfo for putting this together.

Might there be a hospitality room available at the HIE like we had in Conover? And if one decides to take advantage of the cash bar, is there adequate Uber/Lyft in the area to/from the hotel? I personally really like the idea of the cash bar, and the drink prices are very reasonable. I never really drank at SELEM because I was always driving back to the hotel. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    Looking forward to another great event!

Thanks to Buffo and Bradfo for putting this together.

Might there be a hospitality room available at the HIE like we had in Conover? And if one decides to take advantage of the cash bar, is there adequate Uber/Lyft in the area to/from the hotel? I personally really like the idea of the cash bar, and the drink prices are very reasonable. I never really drank at SELEM because I was always driving back to the hotel. Thanks.
    There is a conference room at the Holiday Inn and I have discussed it's use with the management and what it would be for. They were ok with it but, we will revisit it again once we're closer and some rooms get booked. I also advised them to try and keep all the laser people together and ideally the closest rooms to the conference room. This is a smaller hotel than Conover so I honestly expect we'll have a good bit of the entire place anyway.

As far as Uber/Lyft yes, there are plenty in the area but, the hotel is also 90 seconds from my house so, there should always be some way for you to catch a ride if you want to partake.
    PM Sent...

SO -

Room to fly drones in the immediate vicinity?
    I should have several HD-equipped FPV rigs ready to go by then, with a 2nd set of goggles for ride-alongs
    RR

Metrologic HeNe 3.3mw Modulated laser, 2 Radio Shack motors, and a broken mirror.
    Sweet.....

Default SELEM

Payed
    1 shirt L
    1 shirt-M
    Baptist Bob t

DONE AND DONE!!! I can't freaking wait!

Quote Originally Posted by Stuka View Post
    SO -

Room to fly drones in the immediate vicinity?
    I should have several HD-equipped FPV rigs ready to go by then, with a 2nd set of goggles for ride-alongs
    I fly them often in and around the building itself. There is a county park across the street and, a RC plane flying field under maybe 8 minutes from the hall. In addition, if people are up for it, I’m not opposed to an early start at a couple of my favorite spots all within 10 to 20 minute drives on the upper Chesapeake bay including a lighthouse. I’ve spent a great number of sunrises there.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post

I can't emphasize this enough as it's my only true concern. I know SEELM isn't necessarily a big drinking event but, I (We) don't want to do anything to jeopardize our ability to come back and use the facility in the future. As far as the bar, there are 8 beers on draught as well as several bottled varieties, 9 or more types of wine, and a full line of spirits. Prices are reasonable at $4 for beer, $5 for wine and $6 for mixed with pure alcohol drinks like martinis being $8. ~Brad

But do you have the Sake?
    leading in trailing technology