Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 71314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Quote Originally Posted by ekeefe View Post
    Just signed up, I'll only be able to attend Tuesday.
    I know I'm late, but if shirts are still available, I wear a 2X.
    Glad to hear you'll be able to attend, Ed! We didn't have any Polo shirts left in 2XL, but we did have a T-shirt in that size. (I always order a few extras when I submit the shirt order.) You got the last 2XL though.

Adam

Cool Alas

rodman1369 aka Rodney D here

Alas...

I will not be able to attend services this year...
    After much thoughts and current events with the air being on fire and all...

I also had concerns about the seating comforts for my usual multi-hour posterial positioning and

noise bleed-over from CLUB SELEM to the main auditorium.

I'll be anxiously awaiting trip reports hopefully with pictures.

Also...arranging multiple travel for my spouse to visit with her 83 years young Father in New York State. With someone having to stay here with our animals.

And an upcoming Disney Cruise to boot!

Just too many cloudy variables.

Will certainly be listening, learning and being jealous

Rodney D.

Have fun and send some video. Just not in the cards this year.

We might be able to have live streaming video for parts of the event. Details will be posted here on PL if we can get it working.

Adam

Well guys, this is a sad, sad day.
    Due to Covid and living in a Schengen country i am not allowed to fly into the USA ;-(
    It is with great regret that i have asked for a refund for my plane ticket.
    I just called the hotel after receiving a confirmation of my room (when i just cancelled yesterday), but Jennifer of the Elkton road Holiday Inn Express said it was all cancelled now and gave me a cancellation number (which i think is strange, i do receive confirmation digitally and not receive a cancellation message, hope i am not being screwed...)

So if someone is still looking for a room with 2 beds, i just gave up mine that i booked for Reinder and myself.

It really saddens me to be part of all the fun, the great food Brad makes, all the banter, the new tricks, the old tricks , meeting new people, meeting the people i met in 2019, the drone flying and maybe the sightseeing.
    I don't want or need a refund for SELEM, maybe you can use it to buy some drinks for people that have had a rough year due to Covid, but i hope it is still possible to receive my shirt? That would be at least a nice memory of something great i am about to miss.

Sorry for all the inconvience this causes, i know Brad and Buffo work so hard every year to make it happen and i am really sorry i am not allowed in even while i am fully vaccinated with Pfizer twice (last one 16th of July).

X1000
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Really important question

Did anybody invite Davis
    Sincerely,
    Ryan Smith
    ScannerMAX Mechanical Engineer
    ryan {at} scannermax.com

Really getting excited to see everyone.
    Last edited by Lazerjock; 08-03-2021 at 09:57.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I reached out to her some time ago and extended an invitation. Don't know though.
    Last edited by Bradfo69; 08-03-2021 at 09:59.
    PM Sent...

No flecom this year?

Update on Davis: she no longer works for the Newton County Auditorium. She has a new job at a much nicer facility, but it turns out that they will be very short-staffed next week. She is going to have to pull some extra hours to get them through the week, which means she won't be able to make it to SELEM as she had originally planned. She was really looking forward to seeing everyone again, but it's just not possible this year. She sends her greetings to everyone, and she definitely plans to make it next year. (And I have it on good authority that Brad intends to hold her to that promise! )

Flecom has also been super-busy over the summer, now that the airport traffic is picking up again. So he was also unable to make the trip this year, but he is hopeful that next year will be less hectic for him.

Several other folks have had to bow out at the last minute, including Dimitri and Reinder, Patrick Murphy, Randy (Stuka), and a few others. But we still have a *very* respectable crowd of laserists who are confirmed, so I'm sure we'll have a great time.

We also have several new few first-timers, and two of those are what I'd call heavy hitters in the community: Ash McFadden, one of the designers of the original P3 analog console, and Jacob Potter, creator of the Etherdream controller. EDIT: oops! I forgot that Jacob was at SELEM in 2015. So he's not a first-timer after all. My bad!

Plus we will have some very cool new tech being demonstrated. Beam brush is one, but I've had the pleasure of beta-testing another sweet little gadget that will be announced to the group at SELEM. (shhhh! it's a secret...)

I'm also looking forward to seeing how we can adapt SELEM to make the best use of the new venue. Some of the things we did in Newton were a product of the layout there, but once of the biggest complaints we had was that things were so spread out that people didn't know where to go. Now that we will all be much closer together I envision some blurring of the lines between "Club-SELEM", the "Auditorium Space", and the "Show-off room". There's no absolute rule that says we need to continue doing everything the same way. So if people have suggestions during the event, let's try them out!

One example: Rick Hellman mentioned that he wanted to set up a Radiator in "Club-SELEM" to do abstracts on the wall, and he also wants to do some analog video abstracts. Given that we'll likely have a few more Radiators present, I can see having several abstract stations set up in there. Thus, "Club-SELEM" may morph into the "space where we focus on live, real-time effects", rather than just dance music alone.

See you all in a few days!

Adam
    Last edited by buffo; 08-05-2021 at 03:12.