Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: SELEM 2021 Sign-up Thread

Default I hope to go

Went ahead and paid--I have a good feeling about this one--TY buffo and brad
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-
    Powered by Pangolin
    Former (2.5 yrs) ILDA Member- :-(
    uncertified ILDA LSO -- dont ask

I might go as well. Dunno how I feel about it yet. Maybe by july I'll feel better about going. I still nervous about covid even though I've been vaccinated

Money sent for my father (saltydog) and my self. Shirt size large for both of us.
    Watching Lasers Since 1981

Got you and Tom added to the list, Jason!

Adam

I'll be there

soforene is offline The Troll formerly known as Herbert Von Poople-Futtocks

"I fully recognize that there are dangers and risks to which I may be exposed by participating in the 2014 South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting....."

Looks like there's a get-out clause that means I may be able to finance my entire trip courtesy of my legal team (Dodge em,Bodge it and Scarper PLC).

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by soforene View Post
    "I fully recognize that there are dangers and risks to which I may be exposed by participating in the 2014 South Eastern Laser Enthusiast's Meeting....."

Looks like there's a get-out clause that means I may be able to finance my entire trip courtesy of my legal team (Dodge em,Bodge it and Scarper PLC).

Oh just get your ass on a plane and get over here for it.
    PM Sent...

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Quote Originally Posted by j4cbo View Post
    I'll be there
    Bring an etherdream 3 if available please. I'll have money.
    PM Sent...

Can't believe I missed the typo in the waiver! It's fixed now though. (Thanks, Richard, for pointing it out.)

Still a couple weeks left before the cost goes up... Take advantage of early registration while you can!

Adam

Smile do it

It is not easy to imagine all the good things that happen at LEMs.

There is no end to the list AFAIK & LEMs are one of the very few ways we can meet, in person, lots fellow members. Things happen that you cannot put a 'price' on. On-line friends become in-person buddies. do it

For me at least, paying early makes going much more likely.

AFAIK There are no refunds. No single day 'tickets'. Some pay early every year even if they are not sure they can go.... They like LEMs (and the forums) so much that they are very willing to support them. That sez a lot IMHO. If you have never attended SELEM you have already missed two chances meet our 'GURU" Laser Sam. And since this year SELEM will be much closer to where Sam lives (Philly).. it is very likely he will be there. Many members helped-- chipping in on some of the expenses.
    Some provide rides--some pick up the 'tab' for a meal Sam has-- some help with the cost of lodging--some help with the transportation. Its a big group effort-- w/o buffo--it would never happen. Be sure to thank Adam.

At Sam's Classifieds-- you may find something you want. For me it was a yellow HeNe-- Sam hand delivered. That made the 6mW gas laser even more special. Unless I cannot attend --you can see my yellow there.
    IN FACT--Sam has a few items listed as 'Free to a good home'
    one of my fav prices.. AND no cost to ship. IF it can be done by hand at SELEM.
    Last-- most everybody is welcome (afaik)-- no need to own a bunch of projectors or even just one. BUT I must warn you.. These meets are as addicting as the lasers we love so much. I only waited a few months to host a mini/popup LEM in Freeport TX--,it was short notice--just one day/night and only 3 projectors and 4 forum members. The other 15 attendees were local friends..

There was already some gatherings planned for that weekend.
    so my turn-out was small, but with the short notice I consider STEXLEM a success. My friends still ask about the next one. :Plainum and Adam turned us on to Expertly done Tunnel EFX & LIQUID SKY very safe if done correctly-- these are but two of the photo ops .
    Adam arranged 4 chairs in a diamond shape and centered in PJ around four of us. He made sure we were safe . The tunnel was awesome- we were in the middle of non stop color changes and sizes of circles. DO IT
    Jonathon set up his muti-Watt 532 just above our heads. do that too.
    Lots of fog/smoke looks great when we placed our hands in to the LIQUID SKY (LINE) FAT beam..

SO 'show us the STEXLEM pics/vids'.....??
    that is a sad ending to the story-- Evil 300's Dad attended and brought a new and VERY nice Cannon Digital 'SLR'. he took lots of pics and vids.
    After they left to go to Houston (at 4AM) where they had a room..
    Their rent car got broken into-- that camera was stolen. bummer!

Hope to see you at SELEM 2021.

I see good deals on flying there if you book now- cheaper that the cost of gas and MUCH quicker. SWAir allows two 50lb checked bags and two 'carry-ons' ('checked' bags must be no bigger than the size requirements -iirc- 62 inches--L+W+D) .
    btw-- 'travel agents' do not book SW- they get no commission.
    You need to book the travel yourself if going by SW.

Looks like flying on Sat. gets you the best price. SO hak needs to get rides to and from the airports on Sat (7th and 14th aug) I can get same return cost for Sun -Mon & Tue--but need a place to stay.
    Looks like all will leave the HIE on Friday or Sat.--IF you are staying that long lets work on a affordable place to stay the extra day(s)--
    you must be present to win anything via the Door Prize Drawing) that ATM looks like Thursday the 12th ~5pm. Each paid attendee gets one chance and they MUST be present so BE SURE to be there.. (AFAIK) Anyone can add an item to the pool and I suggest that if you can. ALSO AFAIK any non-forum member attendee can still pay the full attendee cost and be included in the prize pool. I got super lucky by winning two door prizes worth >$500..my first two SELEMs===SWEET!

Len

ps
    Contact me about lodging and rides (& Sam). NOT too soon to work on these. PHL Airport is the closest at about 40 min away from the venue. Wear a SELEM black polo shirt (if you have one) to be found easier at the airports.
    Some of the 'roads' have 'spendy' Tolls-Brad can help with avoiding these. also please let me know asap if I have errors in this post... tyvm
    Last edited by hakzaw1; 05-16-2021 at 12:20.
    BEYOND-FB3/APC40Mamba Black(clone & currently on loan) 2X 5paghetti & 2 I-Show 2X KGB 1000mW 532 DT40K (pair)XFX 1300 RGB full color RGB 30K DIY 3.5WRGB work in progress et al..assorted ttl chi-jectors--LOTS of LUMIA DIY pjs-