Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Laser keeps me awake most of the night

Quote Originally Posted by stanwax View Post
    and the thing doesnt look like its guts are hanging out
    We like guts

There is some overspill - infact I have a square of circuit board material to catch it from the top of the scanners - but I have not measured. Watch this space - I will take readings tonight and get back to you.

Must go and do some work now - it doesnt half get in the way of lasers this work lark!

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Laserists do it by the nanometre.

Stanwax Laser is a Corporate Member of Ilda

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner
    www.photoniccleaning.co.uk

Default up all night.

last night after doing walkthrough for a big show in the biggest space we have ever had,i was up till twelve a.m just thinking about angles and trying to picture how this huge space is going to look.
    i get up at 4:20 a.m.,so i was well past my bedtime.

Thumbs up

Nice pics rob! I'm very envious of your color balance. Did you say your blue was CNI? I'd like to see if your analog conversion, when complete, may be possible on my ttl blue CNI.

Im sure it will be - which driver card do you have - mine is the OEM style of which there seems to be 2 types one is a rectangular card (mine) one has a cutout in - so isnt rectangular (if that maks sense). I know nothing of the posh controller that comes in a case though it may just be a glorified version of the others. I believe the 2 OEM style ones have similar diode driver sections so my mod should apply to both.

wrt the colour balance Im over the moon with it especially as its all been a bit hit and miss over laser selection - the green as I stated has been around a while and has been in 5 versions of projector! The reds were doubled up as when I originally installed red with the green I had to turn the green way down for it to look good - so just doubled up and it works great. The blue was just what I got from Fluff. I have tuned it a little and now its gonna go analogue - hopefully over the course of this weekend.

coming soon will be pics of the projectors evolution since Feb this year some notes on dichros and alignment of multi laser setup - I have heard people loose hair sleep and marrigaes over RGB alignment but I can do mine in about 10 mins (every day this week this projectors optics bed has been torn down for one reason or another then rebuilt and aligned for some playing later in the eve.) so I thought I would publish some golden rules hints and tips - plus there will be details of the latest incarnation of my magnetic adjustable optics mounts - which can be previewed in a couple of the pix earlier in this post.

Rob
    If you need to ask the question 'whats so good about a laser' - you won't understand the answer.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Stanwax Laser main distributor of First Contact in UK - like us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/FirstContactPolymerCleaner

Thumbs up

Nice work all of it. Definatly keep it coming!

Your smilies crack me up

Oh go on then - here is my fave image I took last night and maybe a future avatar....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rgb9.jpg  

rgb10.jpg  

Lightbulb

Make a gif out of the bottom one to where it starts with the circle and draws the rest... That's a nice tunnel also.

Smile Great results, Rob!

Damn Rob... You build the coolest stuff! Love those pictures too. (Especially the Stanwax logo!) I'm starting to feel the need for a coherent light fix... I guess I need to fire up my projector and play a while! (I also need to get a new camera so I can take some more pics!)

I can't believe you tear that projector apart and rebuild it so frequently! I think I'd go crazy. Putting my latest RGB table together took me the better part of a week to finish. (Ever try to cut 1/4 inch aluminum plate with a hand-held jigsaw? It's a pain...) Now that it's together I hope I never have to take it apart again! But I've still got some work to do with my planned RYG rig...

I do agree with you about alignment though; I had a pretty easy time of it myself. I think part of the reason is that I did the final alignment in my backyard where I had almost 100 ft of throw. The long throw made it easy to get everything dialed in perfectly. (Of course, sweating my ass off and getting eaten alive by gnats and mosquitos in the middle of the night wasn't the greatest, but hopefully I won't ever have to do it again!) Another thing that I believe helped a lot was the larger MM2 mounts I used. They make adjustment really easy, and they're so solid that they never move once you set them. Finally, I had lots of adjustment, both on the mounts and the laser tables themselves, so that helped.

I look forward to your "history of contruction post"... I'm curious to learn the procedure you used for your alignment. (That might be a good topic for a separate thread, actually.) I'm also curious about your magnetic mounts, now that you've had time to use them for a while... Are they still performing well for you?

Finally, I was interested in your power loss measurements across your dichros. Where did you buy them? (Are they from Edmund's or someplace else?) I've been thinking about giving OneStopLaserShop a try for my next set of dichros. Steve Roberts was saying that their dichros are a lot more efficient, and cheaper to boot. Just wondering where you got yours from.?.

Adam