Thread: New member to the forum

Thumbs up New member to the forum

hi there, im from a place called stockton on tees in the UK

i bought a laser. keyed in a few parts on t'interweb and ended up on this forum

enjoyed reading it so far.. full of usefull info.

i would quite happily go for a beer and discuss lasers.

Welcome to PL!

There are quite a few gents on your side of the pond that would probably be happy to grab a beer at the pub with you.

Enjoy your stay here and soak it in. There is a lot of information here and a lot of professionals who literally have decades of experience if not a half a century!
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Thumbs up

+1 to everything Brian said. We've got several members here on the forum from the UK, and they're a right decent bunch!

I urge you to pay close attention to any new threads here in this "meet and greet" sub-forum talking about "UKLEM". This is an event that you will definitely want to attend. It may be a while yet before they schedule another one, because of COVID of course, but I'm sure at some point they'll resume hosting regular events and you don't want to miss it.

In the mean time, welcome to the forum!

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by buffo View Post
    +1 to everything Brian said. We've got several members here on the forum from the UK, and they're a right decent bunch!

I urge you to pay close attention to any new threads here in this "meet and greet" sub-forum talking about "UKLEM". This is an event that you will definitely want to attend. It may be a while yet before they schedule another one, because of COVID of course, but I'm sure at some point they'll resume hosting regular events and you don't want to miss it.

In the mean time, welcome to the forum!

Adam

i'll have a look out for that.

cheers guys.

Hey Preston,

I just checked the distance from your location to the UKLEM location, and guess what ?
    It's a straight line down and only a 3 hr drive.
    I can really recommend UKLEM (organised in the Village hall in Surfleet, Spalding), i always drive/ferry over from the Netherlands and made great friends.
    Well, i am a bit funny character as i also fly out to the USA for a lasermeet, but hey, you have to be a little silly to join this club of mad professors , right ?\
    And that is exactly why i like a LEM (Laser Enthousiast Meet) so much: likeminded crazy people that can teach you and you can teach us all in a good atmosphere of fun, laughter and banter.

And these people don't look strange if you say you gonna spend 3-5 days in a blacked out sportshall with lasers, unlike your colleagues, who probably think you are nuts. (We all went through that phase...)

Welcome to the club man, the club of poor men with lots of expensive toys.... If you really catch the fever, your bank account will reach artic numbers (close to zero or below ;-)
    I didn't fail !
    I just found out 10,000 ways that didn't work.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by hobbybob View Post
    Hey Preston,

I just checked the distance from your location to the UKLEM location, and guess what ?
    It's a straight line down and only a 3 hr drive.
    I can really recommend UKLEM (organised in the Village hall in Surfleet, Spalding), i always drive/ferry over from the Netherlands and made great friends.
    Well, i am a bit funny character as i also fly out to the USA for a lasermeet, but hey, you have to be a little silly to join this club of mad professors , right ?\
    And that is exactly why i like a LEM (Laser Enthousiast Meet) so much: likeminded crazy people that can teach you and you can teach us all in a good atmosphere of fun, laughter and banter.

And these people don't look strange if you say you gonna spend 3-5 days in a blacked out sportshall with lasers, unlike your colleagues, who probably think you are nuts. (We all went through that phase...)

Welcome to the club man, the club of poor men with lots of expensive toys.... If you really catch the fever, your bank account will reach artic numbers (close to zero or below ;-)

that post made me laugh so much. so true...

I'm looking forward to it.