Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pangolin target.

Default Pangolin target.

ok... so i'm new to programming lasers (sort of).

i'm using the software pangolin

now what i want to acheve. is a small spiral on a mirror ball. not just one beam. i want a small spiral. or squiggle/circle ect... to the target.

is there an easy way? or am i going to need to create specific zones per time (which kind of defeats the "quick" from quick target)

read all the help info and watched videos to no avail. so i thaught i would give in here an ask.

is there an easy way? or somthing i'm missing/overlooking?

Thanks
    Last edited by preston135; 04-26-2021 at 10:33.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

I am guessing your best bet is to go into your zone settings and create a user defined zone and use the geometric adjustments to make zone small enough to fit on the mirror ball. Then... there are several potentially good "squiggles" in the basic abstract cues. Pick one of them and change the cue to go to your newly created custom zone. Then... whenever you need to target the mirror ball you just hit or use that cue. I know being new to the software, this might sound a little foreign to you so, if you don't understand what i mean, feel free to ask for clarification.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    I am guessing your best bet is to go into your zone settings and create a user defined zone and use the geometric adjustments to make zone small enough to fit on the mirror ball. Then... there are several potentially good "squiggles" in the basic abstract cues. Pick one of them and change the cue to go to your newly created custom zone. Then... whenever you need to target the mirror ball you just hit or use that cue. I know being new to the software, this might sound a little foreign to you so, if you don't understand what i mean, feel free to ask for clarification.
    yeah, that's what i figured i would have to do.

but if going to a different place. you would need to not quickly assign the zones each and every time.
    i'll have a play and a bit of puzzle of it.

the software is really advanced. me being new to it and being the fourth generation on, i thaught i may have overlooked something.

but by what you are saying it it looks like zoneing is the only way to do it.
    its either that or multiple beam steps to a ball.

thanks.
    Last edited by preston135; 04-28-2021 at 03:04.

Bradfo69 is offline Pending BST Forum Purchases: $47,127,283.53

Pretty much ANY time you move to set up in a new place, you're going to have to go through and check, and perhaps re-align your zones. That's a primary duty of setting up a show.
    PM Sent...

Quote Originally Posted by Bradfo69 View Post
    Pretty much ANY time you move to set up in a new place, you're going to have to go through and check, and perhaps re-align your zones. That's a primary duty of setting up a show.
    noted.

i'll get there in the end....

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the potential danger of crowd scanning with a laser bouncing off a mirror ball.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I'm surprised nobody has mentioned the potential danger of crowd scanning with a laser bouncing off a mirror ball.
    it is a bit having a single static beam bouncing.

so.. ive made some pages up specificly for ball zones. and static mirror zones. and made the zones to correlate to.
    then when the time comes i adjust the presaved zone relevent to the place. that will put those cues to them at a different change of place/scenery.

however i've notice running a VJ?? (running) effects on the main zone (in cue tab not master) that they affect the other zones... bringing them out of zone

i don't think it's supposed to do that.

if i done it tabed in master. understandable. but not in cue.

when running multiple cues to the main and seperated zones.

its affecting them all when in the cue tab. this is only in VJ play mode on the fx. not on manual selection
    Last edited by preston135; 04-28-2021 at 04:52.

Quote Originally Posted by HankLloydRight View Post
    I would very much agree with this. I'm curious at what power you're projecting at and how you're measuring MPE. Mirrorballs are a very imperfect surface and nearly impossible to accurately predict where the light will go. They are also not using FSMs and as such, the glass could create convergence points that drastically exceed MPE.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Not sure if you're using Beyond or Quickshow (I know you can def do this in Beyond) but on the quick target setup page you can assign a cue to the beam target instead of a point.
    There are options for how the cue is displayed as well.
    You may need to create a cue and then export it before you can select it, if you don't already have a suitable one.
    Frikkin Lasers
    http://www.frikkinlasers.co.uk

You are using Bonetti's defense against me, ah?

I thought it fitting, considering the rocky terrain.

Quote Originally Posted by norty303 View Post
    Not sure if you're using Beyond or Quickshow (I know you can def do this in Beyond) but on the quick target setup page you can assign a cue to the beam target instead of a point.
    There are options for how the cue is displayed as well.
    You may need to create a cue and then export it before you can select it, if you don't already have a suitable one.
    using Quickshow.

i tried assiging to targets in cue properties to no avail.

the zones way is working fine.

i did find in quickshow i can only export animations. (i had been using two workspaces)
    i've had to redo from scratch some of my shapes on the other machine

i've now configured one workspace and i flashdrive accross machines

projections are nice, but i'm more into the ambient? effects kind of thing.
    looking at what the laser beams are creating as opposed to looking at what the lasers projecting.

i may give beyond a try once im more familiar with how quickshow works.