Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RIP Rev Ernest Angley

Default RIP Rev Ernest Angley

The Liberace of Televangelists (with a little Ernest T Bass thrown in) has passed away- another childhood favorite gone.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...99/4998601001/

Memorialized in song.

The laugh track adds a new dimension...

I'm so glad I got to see this guy in person in his mid 90's when he was still going strong. He passed by my seat and made eye contact while flanked by his two goons that stood a couple heads taller.

I was staggered and stunned by the glory of his televangelistness. Way beyond seeing your favorite rock star up close.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Sad that he never got a phone call from Maud Aimee..

Supposedly...
    When his first wife passed he had a phone installed in his wife's crypt , under the Angel, so she could call him after the second coming.

"Together Again!"

I'm deep in my faith, but I'd never presume to put a phone in the grave.

Would have been fun to spoof the Caller ID though... Not that I would know how....

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

Quote Originally Posted by mixedgas View Post
    Sad that he never got a phone call from Maud Aimee..

Supposedly...
    When his first wife passed he had a phone installed in his wife's crypt , under the Angel, so she could call him after the second coming.

"Together Again!"

I'm deep in my faith, but I'd never presume to put a phone in the grave.

Would have been fun to spoof the Caller ID though... Not that I would know how....

Steve
    Wow, I heard that rumor about the phone too!

The customized 747-SP-100 is in storage due to lack of funding to fix a nose gear that got pranged in a heavy landing. Will probably be scrapped... Bought from a former Prince... At least he had the sense to sell "Rex's Erection" to a company that leases it as a tower site.

https://i.vimeocdn.com/filter/overla...on_overlay.png

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/73/e4/92/7...-cathedral.jpg

While I love tall structures, leaving that un-completed is a serious eye-sore.

You can see it 13 miles away on a clear day.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-04-2021 at 13:57.

I miss Angley's Cathedral Buffet. Not that the food was all that great, it was the ambiance and the fun of observing the clientele.
    Long ago, I duped my siblings into taking our parents there for their 50th anniversary. I might have a picture somewhere.

Due to a last minute family dinner cancellation, I took my mom there one Thanksgiving and I saw the heaviest man I've ever seen- I have no clue how he could stand up without the help of a crane.

Many years ago, I was sent to a parochial high school, as our local school system was a drug infested dump. I was nearly killed one day just minding my own business in between classes. I spent a long time in a Coma. I learned a lot as a then South style Baptist being sent to the "Prison on the Hill" school of Nuns, Brothers, a more gentle God, partying and rigorous academics. It turned my life around, especially the Physics and Chemistry Classes. It probably helped that we had an administration that insisted on showing the whole school Monty Python Movies, including "The Meaning of Life" once a year.

Anyways Ernie had few fans there, mainly due to his emphasis on collecting large amounts of other people's money. . A common scheme was frequently discussed to sneak back stage with a fishing pole. Then to snag the hairpiece from the fly bridge at the TV Studio, ON AIR. While doing the task would have been some what easy, the question of how to escape was a more difficult matter. The weird things you remember from being a Senior at a school that taught you to think outside the box.

RIP Earnest. I'm glad I never took you up on your TV offer of classroom courses on fighting Demons and Revelation.

While we're on the subject of food in the Akron-Cleveland Metropolitan Statistical Area, Some friends took me to KingFish in Fairlawn last night, 29 to 55$ a plate, but amazing for the dishes of the Piscine persuasion. . Also fun watching the clientele., On my budget that is a once a year kind of treat. The other good one is the Kumo Buffet in Parma, amazing mix of Japanese, Chinese, and Sushi. That was affordable. Also fun watching the mix of clientele.

Steve
    Last edited by mixedgas; 08-05-2021 at 06:55.

Complete with the short field takeoff modifications, which are rare on 747...

Steve

Default Pilgrimage!

I just had to make a pilgrimage.
    Unfortunately, I was unable to find a junction box leading to the buried phone line...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF0195.JPG  

DSCF0193.JPG  

DSCF0194.JPG  

DSCF0192.JPG  

DSCF0191.JPG  

DSCF0196.JPG  

DSCF0197.JPG