Thread: Generated Holograms

Default Generated Holograms

Has anyone ever worked with Computer Generated Holograms ? please share your experience.

Your thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks

Do you mean CGH for optical elements? Or for pictorial applications, like those presented on LCoS displays? Here's an article about an early (if not first) step in their development from April, 1967:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Computer Holography67.jpeg  

Computer Holography67B.jpeg  

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by Eidetic View Post
    Do you mean CGH for optical elements? Or for pictorial applications, like those presented on LCoS displays? Here's an article about an early (if not first) step in their development from April, 1967:

I'm waiting to see some independent reviews of LitiHolo's new printer before buying one..

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...

I'd wait for full parallax to be part of the deal. Since they're exposing individual hogels, that's just software. I'd also want to see a hologram made on one before buying. That should be cheap for them to provide in advance. And I'd be concerned about the inter-hogel gaps (if any). That might be necessary because of their material of choice, or cheap optics, or both, but it somewhat blows the magic of an image-planed reflection holographic image.

"Computer generated hologram" can mean lots of things these days. Computer generated holographic imagery on computer controlled exposure device (like Liti, Zebra, Geola, Ultimate). Fringe patterns scribed into surfaces by e-beam, or etched by photolithography. Holograms on LCoS displays showing computer generated dynamic image content. Diffractive optics that make images with laser pointers. Helioseismic holography. And the fauxlographic things like Pepper's Ghosts, lightfield displays, lenticular displays, spinning blades with LEDs, and reflections of monitors in windows.
    Last edited by Eidetic; 05-17-2021 at 08:41.

mixedgas is offline Creaky Old Award Winning Bastard Technologist
    Infinitus Excellentia Ion Laser Dominatus
    A lab with some dripping water on the floor.

Their version of "The Kiss" in the demo video is interesting but "data limited", it seems like it is only four "fields" of Voxels.

I need to see much more imaging before I buy.

Steve
    Qui habet Christos, habet Vitam!
    I should have rented the space under my name for advertising.
    When I still could have...