Thread: Extra long working distance microscope objective

Default Extra long working distance microscope objective

I’m looking for a 20-50x. Microscope objective with a working distance like 1-2cm. They are available for like 2.5k but yea I don’t have money like that. I was wondering what people use for laser cutters. Do they have similar distances? I’m using it for my PhD bouncing a focused dye laser off a 0.1mm facet on a crystal so I need to focus the laser down on that surface.

anybody have a solution for this kind of extreme focus at a distance? The laser is tem00 and really high quality. The starting size it about 1mm. Hence thinking 20x should get me there with some slack.

... I'm using common collimator-optics to focus my diodes from 10mm to 50mm FL.

You can try to "flip" a standard video objective to get a "macro-lens" ... this will give some interesting options too.

For special video-microscopes with a FOV of 10x8mm and FL of around 200mm I've used rod-lenses out of endoscopes ...

Viktor
    Aufruf zum Projekt "Müll-freie Meere" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?426
    Call for the project "garbage-free seas" - https://reprap.org/forum/list.php?425

Quote Originally Posted by VDX View Post
    ... I'm using common collimator-optics to focus my diodes from 10mm to 50mm FL.

You can try to "flip" a standard video objective to get a "macro-lens" ... this will give some interesting options too.

For special video-microscopes with a FOV of 10x8mm and FL of around 200mm I've used rod-lenses out of endoscopes ...

Viktor
    I will try those ideas. I should start with a Plano lens I guess. I am focusing a single freq so it should work.

I just found ELWD objectives on Ali Express for 65.00! 27mm WD !