Thread: Beyond 5, anyone try transferring a license yet?

Default Beyond 5, anyone try transferring a license yet?

Greetings

Anybody try transferring an old ultimate license to beyond 5.0? Trying to set up 5.0 with a hardware license so it works like 4.0 (need to connect fb3 or fb4 to use software)

beyond 5.0 is asking for a license code. Not sure where to find this code? Its not the old BMP file its a alphanumeric code that needs to be entered for the software to output to the DACS.

Pango wiki says new licenses are shipped with the code. Not sure about old licenses however.

Quote Originally Posted by logsquared View Post
    Greetings

Anybody try transferring an old ultimate license to beyond 5.0? Trying to set up 5.0 with a hardware license so it works like 4.0 (need to connect fb3 or fb4 to use software)

beyond 5.0 is asking for a license code. Not sure where to find this code? Its not the old BMP file its a alphanumeric code that needs to be entered for the software to output to the DACS.

Pango wiki says new licenses are shipped with the code. Not sure about old licenses however.

Did you get this sorted yet? if on the internet, i used the same bmp file, then registered online and new local file file was downloaded and all worked. If pangolin does not have your info in the registration server you need to contact support. Registration and lic manager tab, then registration, register online, register online now button.
    leading in trailing technology

Quote Originally Posted by polishedball View Post
    Did you get this sorted yet? if on the internet, i used the same bmp file, then registered online and new local file file was downloaded and all worked. If pangolin does not have your info in the registration server you need to contact support. Registration and lic manager tab, then registration, register online, register online now button.
    Not working yet. Waiting on pango to email back.

Looks like the registration file is in the pangolin folder, (the one with the red heart). In the registration manager it says "License not found" in the status window.

When i try to "register online" it says "registration not required".

When I try "I want to" "add new hardware license online" The "license code" field is blank. The hardware field is showing the correct FB3 serial #. When I click "redeem online" pop up says "license code is not correct". Is it supposed to auto fill the license code field or am I supposed to know that code somehow?

EDIT: Pangolin fixed the issue. My license had not been put on the beyond server yet. Seems all good now.
    Last edited by logsquared; 05-28-2021 at 12:18.