Thread: No yellow in RGB laser

Default No yellow in RGB laser

Hello everyone! Help, the HALO SURPASS-7 RGB (1.2W) RGB laser has ceased to adequately display yellow. It happens that it breaks through, but most of the time, instead of yellow, different shades of green. Although sometimes it shows yellow. Such a story from the controller, DMX and built-in programs too. Where could the problem be??? Thanks in advance!

Yellow is a mix of green and red. So it sounds like your red is not working properly.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.

Quote Originally Posted by james View Post
    Yellow is a mix of green and red. So it sounds like your red is not working properly.

Red is OK, but not the same as the rest

Looks like your alignment is off
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Looks like your alignment is off
    And where should I turn it on ???

Apologies. I should have been more clear. Your alignment is off, as in, out of adjustment. It looks like the red laser is no longer aligned with the blue and green lasers. This is why you're seeing red and green for the yellow. You can also see and red "double image" with the white and purple projections.

I won't sugar-coated it but with cheaper DMX style laser projectors, the lasers are not easy to align. Most of these projectors use small RGB modules and the optical mounts are locked in place with a pretty strong epoxy that needs to be broken loose to realign. I don't really have much advice because if you try to realign and are not able to get it right, the alignment can get really bad and very difficult for a novice to fix. It actually looks like the red might be PBS'd. In which case, you have two red lasers combined. Potentially, one is not in alignment with the other. This becomes even more tedious to fix.
    If you're the smartest person in the room, then you're in the wrong room.

Quote Originally Posted by absolom7691 View Post
    Apologies. I should have been more clear. Your alignment is off, as in, out of adjustment. It looks like the red laser is no longer aligned with the blue and green lasers. This is why you're seeing red and green for the yellow. You can also see and red "double image" with the white and purple projections.
    I have on the mirrors 1 screw on the top and 2 screws on the back. I understand that they are intended for information purposes. Which ones do you need to twist?

Aligning multiple lasers is somewhat of a task. I like to have a fog machine so I can see the beams. You have to align in two places. 1 is where the beams come together on the optics near the lasers, like the dichroic mirrors and the scanner mirrors and 2 is on the screen you are projecting onto. The farther away that screen is the better. Be careful when you do this. It's possible to accidentally reflect a beam into your face. Also it's not good to look right at a static spot for too long, even if it doesn't look super bright.
    Last edited by james; 06-05-2021 at 09:04.
    Creator of LaserBoy!
    LaserBoy is free and runs in Windows, MacOS and Linux (including Raspberry Pi!).
    Download LaserBoy!
    YouTube Tutorials
    Ask me about my LaserBoy Correction Amp Kit for sale!
    All software has a learning curve usually proportional to its capabilities and unique features. Pointing with a mouse is in no way easier than tapping a key.